Monday, September 08, 2008

Dentist

I went to the dentist today. I'm almost positive I'd rather be any other place on this earth than at the dentist. It's not that he's not a nice man, he is. I'd just rather not spend my time and/or money there.

I was there for an hour and a half. He filled one tooth and prepared the other for a crown. Holy crap! There were a couple of times I was positive he was going to break my jaw.

For some reason, the lower left side of my mouth takes a prayer and an act of congress to go numb. I'm not even sure how many times he gave me shots. I think he gave me shots 5 or 6 different times. I was numb until 2:30.

Once, when I was in beauty school, I had an abscess. Ever had one? HOLY BALLS THEY HURT! I was 19 and it was the first time I cried at the dentist. That might not be true. Maybe I cried when I was a child? I don't know. I'll change that. I was 19 and it was the first time I remember crying at the dentist. The dentist, not my own, wouldn't wait for me to go numb. It was on a weekend and my mom had to call him at home. Not fun.

I have horrible teeth. Nathan seems to be following suit. He's had 4 fillings and needs 5 more. Speaking of that; I got a call from his dentist today. A while back she referred me to another dentist in SF. I haven't taken him there because....I suck? I don't know why I haven't I guess - I just haven't. So his dentist - not her secretary - but the actual dentist called today and left me a voice mail. Here was her message:

Hi Kerrie. This is Dr. ____ calling from _______.
I got a letter from (the place where you haven't called yet) where you were supposed to take Nathan to get his cavities filled. It basically says that you never set up an appointment, so I'm just fallowing up to make sure that Nathan's health care is being attended to. Please give our office a call back and let us know where things stand or if you decided to take him somewhere else so that we can update his records and make sure that he's getting the care that he needs. Our office number is ______. I DO need to hear back from you by Wed. at 6 o'clock. Thank You.

My response?

Or what?!

I had Justin listen to the message and he said the same thing - or what? I guess I'll find out of Thursday. Nathan's health care? Is she serious?

Anyway - that's what I did today. Oh - and colored my hair. It didn't exactly turn out the way I wanted it, but it will do. I'm going to have to highlight it again because it's way to dark (and red). All in due time.


Don't even ask me to post pictures. You wanna see it - make an appointment. :o)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you Kerrie on the dentist thing. It takes a lot for me to even make an appt. to go - I just have always been REALLY nervous at the dentist. (This is due to a very bad experience as a 5 yr. old.) Have a good week!
Susan

Tracy said...

I am certainly not a fan of the dentist. Ugh! I am sorry you have such sucky teeth.

L*O*L on Natey's dentist. :)

I am anxious to see your hair when you pick the kids up today.

And I didn't even have to make an appointment.

BONUS!

Tess said...

OH Dentists.. Oh Boy, don't care for them either..

Haa on Natey's appt. Should be interesting what wrath you will face on Thursday! :) Make sure to let us know what happens! :P

Heidi Jo Comes said...

yeah, i don't know what it is about a dentist, but i'd rather schedule an OB/GYN appointment than a teeth cleaning!

i hate it when people brag about their great teeth as if it's all due to their proper hygein---the truth is it is very much heredity. the good and the bad.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kerrie.
I am a friend of Teresa from Arnold Family Happenings. I read your blog daily and LOVE it. It sounds like you have a lot of problems with your dentist. Well I would love to introduce you to my favorite dentist: my husband. He is very patient and caring. He does all kinds of dentistry. One day crowns and implants are his specialty. The best thing is that he is very easy to look at. It makes a trip to the dentist almost like a vacation (well that might be going to far, but close). If you want information on him give me an email at snnyd@hotmail.com

Andrea said...

Yeah, I'm NOT fond of the dentist at all. (I'd rather have a Pap! Is that TMI?!?!) That's why it took me until I was 32 years old before I could finally bring myself to get braces! Due to a BAD experience (or two) with my childhood dentist.

I'm interested in hearing what "happens" on Thursday...

But I don't live in Madtown! Come on, post pics!!

Oh, too funny! I just read HJ's comment. Well, that makes two of us! :)

Amanda said...

Or what is right? You get demoted to permanent Madtown tooth fairy duties? You’ll wake Friday morning and all of Natey’s teeth will have fallen out? The will refuse to see Clair or Jack because they can’t deal with the stress of following up on tooth health problems?!?

What happens????!!???

Amber said...

Ok, friend of Teresa from Arnold Family Happenings...and having a dentist/husband that's easy to look at? That is some funny stuff!

And since you mentioned it...that's exactly how I chose my dentist! I figure if I have to have my mouth wide open and stare at him...he might as well be pleasing to the eyes!

I wonder if he's Friend of Teresa's husband that I go to?!?!

Katie said...

Oh Kerrie! I'm sorry you have had bad luck with the dentist. My mom is usually right beside me when I go ;) so no bad times for me! Speaking of appointments... want to cut my little Cha-Chee-A-Pet's hair (a.k.a. my daughter) sometime in the near future?

Mom to many said...

That's funny - not you crying at the dentist's office, but the Nathan part. Good luck to you. I love the attitude in the "SO WHAT?" part... it sounds JUST like ME!

the boedecker family said...

The dentist is like my least favorite...right up there with Spiders!!
Or what is so right, can't wait to see how that turns out!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I don't mind the dentist but it does take me alot to get numb on the lower too.

We have been pretty lucky...neither one of my kids has had to have a filling yet. YIPPEE!

I am dying to know if they called you back....or what??!!

Jamie said...

Nice message.....I would really like to see what happens if you don't call them back...my goodness.

I hear ya on the teeth problems. Nathan can join Marissa in the "expensive mouth" club!!

Olivia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Olivia said...

The carelessness and bad habit can create a discolored layer on your teeth surface and the germs may damage the roots of the teeth. The efficient dentist can examine your dental problems, and can provide you the effective treatment for that. The Dentist SF always ensures the high quality dental services to their clients. By putting lots of efforts they keep on maintaining hygiene and clean in their clinics.

Best Dentist SF