Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Getting to know your children - Nathan Meyer style

I was in a local coffee shop the other day getting some hot chocolate. I know! Chocolate gives me a headache, but sometimes you just NEED it!

There was a small newspaper on the counter with a headline that read 'How well do you know your kids?' I looked it over and it gave questions to ask your children to get to know them better. I asked if they were for sale and lucky for me they were just give aways.

I asked Nathan the questions and here they are:

  1. What makes you laugh? When daddy tickles me.
  2. What is your favorite food? Macaroni and cheese.
  3. Where would you go on vacation if you could go anywhere? Mt. Rushmore.
  4. What can you do pretty well? Play football.
  5. What is your favorite song? 5 little monkey's.
  6. How would you describe yourself to someone who doesn't know you? I'm nice and I like to play video games.
  7. How would you spend $5,000? I would buy a PSP.
  8. What is your favorite room in the house? My bedroom.
  9. What would you like to invent? A robot that does anything I want it to.
  10. What is something that bugs you? Well when I get in trouble it bugs me.
  11. What talent do you wish you had? I wish I could play baseball better.
  12. What is the best birthday gift you ever got? An Iron man toy.
  13. If you could only take 3 things with you when you had to move, what would they be? A football, Dawson and Daddy.
  14. What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to be a football and baseball player.
  15. I asked this one on my own. What do you like most about other people? That they are nice to me and care about me.
  16. He said "Do you want to know my favorite animal too?" Of coarse I did. His favorite animal is a lion.

A little bit later he said "Mom, you forgot to ask me what my favorite thing was at school." His answer? Math.....and gym.

8 comments:

Heidi Jo Comes said...

sometimes it's as simple as that. just asking. kids love to share and i bet he would have been interested in your answers too.

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! I'm going to have to copy/paste that so that I can interview Gabriel. Thanks for sharing!

Tracy said...

"If you could only take 3 things with you when you had to move, what would they be? A football, Dawson and Daddy."

Awwww...that is so sweet!! Dawson thinks about Nathan every time we are doing something. I love that they share that special bond.

Cool post! I wonder what Dawson's answers would be??

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Awwww....what a sweetie!

Sarah said...

Ok so this is totally random but I swear I just now saw your comments on my blog.

The site for the purses is www.ioffer.com It's like Ebay but way better. They have everythign on there. I ordered Coach Carly bags for my bridesmaids and they are ridiculously close to the exact same thing. They even come with the "authentication" tag on the inside. It takes about a week and a half to get here from China.

Sorry it took me so long!!

PS) I stalk the blog.

Tess said...

Very cool.. I love his answers. Very true to heart and love that he kept thinking about it afterwards! Very cool..

Lucy said...

Natey is such a sweet boy...

Jamie said...

Love it!! Nathan is quite the boy!! Thanks for sharing Nathan!