Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Finally - an update

Wowza! What a weekend. It was a busy one for our family.

Friday night we went to the football game with Amber and Ann. We had a great time. Our team didn't fair so well. We got beat 40-0. Ouch! So far this year, we've scored 12 points. I know - not good. This weekend we play the top team. I've had some ideas of how we can win. I think they're good ones. I think we could somehow inject them with a flu bug. No? How about pay them off? Not enough money in our account? Well - can we just forfeit then? Because if 40-0 isn't enough to make our boys feel like crap, what will it be when we play the top dogs?

Here are a few pictures from the game.

Here is Nathan's favorite player this year, #83.And look at this cute little pumpkin that was at the game too.I left Claire and Jack home with a sitter. When we got home, Claire wanted to take some pictures of me. I totally see photography in her future. Don't you agree?Ahhhh - someday she'll make millions. She's got mad skill. :)

Even though Peach didn't go to the game, she still had the spirit and wanted a paw print on her face.

We had a fun time.

Ok, so Saturday I worked and Nathan went to a birthday party. It was a football party and he was in heaven. After I got off work, I took Natey and Claire to see the Alltel store to see the Alltel NASCAR. They played on an inflatable and enjoyed some cotton candy.

After that, it was off to the Fall Festival. Nathan won some cupcakes at the cake walk.And Claire won this adorable cake that was made by one of my clients. Isn't it super cute!I really wanted them to pick out a chocolate cake, but they didn't. I even tried to persuade them to win another one, but they wouldn't do that either. We had a GREAT time at the festival. I think this year was the best one yet.

Then Sunday we got up early and went to Sioux Falls for some shopping. We got home so Nathan could go to another birthday party. This one was a bowling party. He LOVES to bowl so he had a BLAST!

Phew - that was a lot! I'm tired!

11 comments:

Tracy said...

It's a bummer that I missed the cake walk. Remember a few years ago when I spent probably $10.00 to win a cake!? Fun stuff!!

We missed alot while I was in NYC! Bummer!

But I got to see Ace Young.

Totally not rubbing it in.

;)

Tess said...

Wow, sounds like a great weekend!
Dang it, I missed the festival again! Sucks...
The cakes are really cool!!
Yes, Claire is def. going to be a photographer!! No doubt!!

Amber said...

Maybe claire and shayla could go into business together?!?
SEROIUSLY...maybe our team should just not show up and keep on driving to Sioux Falls and go to a movie instead.

Heather said...

I'm so glad Nathan could attend the party - he is so polite! I think they all had a great time. I'll send ya some photos!

Amanda said...

Wowza - you had a busy week

That kid in the picture looks familiar and I'm beginning to realize how his shirt tore by looking at him on that fence. :)

Shannon said...

---"SEROIUSLY...maybe our team should just not show up and keep on driving to Sioux Falls and go to a movie instead." ---

Amber, LMAO!!

Do you think Evie could join this little business venture with Claire and Shayla? Their style would be in an entire new category.... way beyond abstract :o)

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys really did have a busy weekend - Go Meyer Family!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

well as someone who has yet to recover fully from the fall fest activity---thank you and thank you again. having people just come in and support it makes all the difference in the world. i enjoyed having back at STS.

i loved that cake as soon as i saw it...there was a matching shirt cake to it as well!

Lucy said...

Are you giving those cupcakes out to your clients on Friday? Say around 2PM???

Lori said...

That cake is super neat!!
We sure had fun at the fall fest too.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

You should be tired...that is alot!

Love the pics that Claire took.