Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Goodbye summer - take 2

The camp ground has a fun playground that the kids really enjoyed. We didn't stay there real long because it was starting to get hot. My in-laws have a large camper that we slept in, but during the day we went to their house. The temps were just too hot to be outside and the camper was too cramped with 11 people. Here are a few more pictures.My sister-in-law and I took the big boys swimming in the river. I wouldn't let Nathan go out too far and probably drove him crazy saying 'come a little closer'. If he stood up and the water was above his belly button - he was out too far. The wind was really strong and I didn't want him to get swept away in the current. They had a good time nonetheless.On the drive home we saw this icky snake on the road. Ick, ick, ick!We also met some new people on our trip. It's always nice to meet new people, right Justin?While I was taking this picture, Nathan kept saying "You probably better not do that, Mom". Son, your mom doesn't follow many rules. Get used to it. =)

12 comments:

Jamie said...

Great pictures of the kids and that snake one you could have kept to yourself....YUCK!!!

Tracy said...

Icky Icky snake! Blech!

You almost made me spit my pop out with the pictures of Justin and his new friend. L*O*L

Amber said...

Do cops really give other cops tickets?
Was that a rattle snake?
And LOOK at Claire's legs on that slide. They look SOO long. Are you sure she's a Meyer?

Heidi Jo Comes said...

my question is the same as amber's? isn't there some kind of code against that? :0) probably a darn hiway patrol.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

and tracy....are you really drinking pop this early in the morning? no wonder you are the energizer bunny! :0)

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

LOL....love the last picture!

Tracy said...

Yes Heidi, I drink my Pepsi at 9am! Gotta keep up with the kiddos ALL.DAY.LONG.

Oh, and Ker...LOVE the picture of Claire and Grandma!! FRAMEable.

Is that a word??

Just Mom said...

ROFL at Justin. Oh, man. Now that's classic.

Justin, I hope you know I'm laughing with you, and not at you. (He did laugh, right?)

Jamey said...

Great pictures of the kids. I am so not ready for summer to be over!! Poor Justin!! Did he really get a ticket?? That sucks!!

Katie said...

Did Justin use his "Get Out of Jail Free" card? Actually, do they even work if you get caught out of your area? Your daughter cracks me up by the way! She was informing me about preschool today! Adorable!

Amanda said...

ha - I'm rolling over the fact that you took pictures of Justin meeting a new friend. AND the fact that Naty is telling you that you shouldn't be doing that! HAHA - Naty has a heart of pure gold

Tess said...

Thanks for giving me the willies! That snake is NASTY,Huge,Yucky!

I love the pictures of the kids, they are so cute! That Jack is a ham, I love it! The picture of Claire's hair full of static is awesome!

I can just hear him, "Mom, you better not!" Mom, really, You better not!" Haa Haa.. I love it!! Did ya tell them they would be famous on the blog?? Wonder what they would think?? LOL