Thursday, June 14, 2007

Day from hell!

Yesterday was a horrible day. It started off good, but quickly went downhill. We got up early and ran to Brookings to pick up a few things. I showed you a picture of the sewer pipe which was in obvious need of repair. The plumber thought they would be able to repair it in the basement which was really good news.

We got home from Brookings around 11 and realized that we didn't have any water. Crap! Do you realize how much you use your sewer system, your drain? I mean, the obvious fact that you can't take a shower or flush the toilet is one thing, but after giving Jack a bottle, the obvious thing to do is rinse out the bottle, right? Not if you are replacing your sewer pipe you can't.

I noticed Justin was outside talking to the plumber in the front yard. They both looked serious. Justin came in the house and looked like someone had just punched him in the stomach. Awesome! (sigh) He told me that they were going to have to dig in front of the house. WHAT? Are they sure? Maybe I should talk to them. There was no use. It had to be done.

Natey was beside himself with joy knowing that in a few short minutes a backhoe would adorn our front yard. Again, awesome! (sigh) Oh - right! I forgot to tell you what was already there.
That's right, a cement truck. Now, what's not to love about a cement truck, right? He couldn't have been happier. Wait - yes he could. One backhoe please!
Great! Could you please dig a huge hole in our front yard? YOU COULD? Oh happy day!!!
Hello Mr. Plumber. How much do you get paid an hour? I hope it's a good amount, however, I also hope it's out of someone else's pocket. How are you not getting wet? It's really raining out there.

Great! You guys think of everything.


As if this weren't fun enough, the guys doing the drain tile in the basement accidentally got the phone line wet so the phone guy got to come over and see the inside of our house. It was a WRECK. I was embarrassed to let him in, but we didn't have a choice.

Finally I loaded up the kids and headed off to Tracy's. We had supper and the kids had fun playing. Tracy's hair turned black while she was sleeping (wink, wink). She washed her hair and Peach decided she wanted to look like 'Tacy' - see!


The good news is that our little baby nephew was brought into this world without complications. The drain tile project is almost complete. We had water by 8pm. I went to a house where my family is loved as if we were family.

It could have been worse, right? I mean, someone could have tried to kill me. I'll save that story for tomorrow.

12 comments:

Shannon said...

Ok, I couldn't help but chuckle when I got to the end of your story. I thought my luck was bad, but it seems that this week it's all on you. I hope everything is back to normal soon, and what's this about someone killing you? The suspense is KILLING me.

Jamie said...

I am really trying not to laugh here!! I feel bad for you but you tell a great story!! I think you guys probably had everything you could happen to you. Poor people!! At least you had a good friend you could go escape to. :)

Jennie Thompson said...

Is black the new blonde?

That sounds like a hell of a day. I'm glad you've taken it so well b/c if I have had to listen to that racket for as long as you have, I'd be in Yankton.

Amber said...

So I just showed Corey your sewer pipe. His response: "Ah...what year what their house built?" I replied, "I don't know, probably about the same time ours was built." Corey's response: "Oh crap!" (HA! I just realized the pun. That's some funny stuff!)

Heidi Jo Comes said...

oh your a tough nut kerrie, i'm sure you're handling it with a tolerance i'd only hope to have! funny how dependant ya get on something like W-A-T-E-R!

hope better days are coming. bright note...tomorrow is another t-ball game!

Tracy said...

Ha! Claire wanted the towel on her head like me but not so much for mommy to take a picture!

It is amazing how much crap you have been through in a week. Or has it been longer?? It seems like forever either way. You are always, always welcome in my home. Anytime...cuz we luv you!

the boedecker family said...

Oh my sound's like a bad day!! I hope they get done soon and nothing "else" goes wrong!! You do tell your story so well though!! Hope tomorrow is a better day for you!!

Andrea said...

One of those days where you just want to crawl back into bed and pretend it never happened and start the day over!

Hope today was a better day! :) It can't get any worse! Right?!

Just Mom said...

Holy @#&*!

You weren't kidding when you titled your post "Day from hell!"

A mom said...

Do you feel like you are the leading lady in the movie "The Money Pit?" That stinks! Literally. I can't wait to here who is trying to kill you.

Amanda said...

Sorry to hear you're having a nasty day. Where are those boogers who are trying to kill you?!? Let me at em (I'm doing th mike tyson boxing dance right now)

By the way - do you realize how dificult it is to read your post??? Read a few lines - look at Keith Urban - read a few more lines - look at Keith Urban - read a - look at Keith Urban. It took my all morning to get through it!

Kerrie said...

Amanda - I'm so glad to know someone else with Keith Urban ADD!