Friday, May 11, 2007

Busy, busy, busy

We've been so busy lately. Last weekend Justin was supposed to go on an annual fishing trip with some high school friends. He'd lined up his parents to come and take care of the kids while I worked. His parents came on Thursday night which is always a big deal for my kids. They love to have company. Justin left Friday morning for a weekend of fishing with a forecast of rain. I knew he planned to take some sort of liquor with him, so I knew he'd be catching a buzz if nothing else.

Friday came and went with nothing major. Saturday was a whole different story. Justin called me and told me he was on his way back to Madison. He said it was too windy to fish and there was no reason to sit around the cabin and look at the other guys, so they all decided it would be better if they all just went home.

Sunday morning I got up with Jack at 4:40am. He had a cold or something and he'd been waking up in the 4 o'clock hour for the past week and a half. I was just getting ready to go back to sleep for an hour (at 6am) when Justin got up to check if we had any water in the basement. You should have seen the look on his face when he came back upstairs. We had about 3 inches of water in our basement. The last time we had water it wasn't a huge deal, but this time it was in every room in our downstairs. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was a mess.


I helped him until I had to go to work. His mom took care of the kids and his dad took over where I left off. It was a mess! Justin asked me to find someone to work my overnight for me so that his parents could go home, he could take care of the water, and I could take care of the kids. I was beat though. I was really looking forward to going home and going to bed. That didn't happen. Justin got up every hour and a half to tend to the water that night. He was beat.

Justin took off work on Monday so that he could finish up with the water. I don't even remember what I did on Monday. Tuesday I took Jack to get his 6 mo. pictures taken. Wednesday I went to Sioux Falls to finish up getting stuff for Nathan's party. I actually went by myself....no kids. It was very....odd. I like to have at least one of my kids with me - usually Nathan. When I'm alone like that I just feel like I'm missing something.


Anyway, it's been busy around our house. Last night Tracy and I took the kids to McDonald's in honor of Nathan's birthday. Then after that, Justin came home to eat and watch Natey open his gifts. Natey had a good time. Claire kept asking me "Where Claire's presents?" Cute.

So, that's what kept me away from my blog. Don't fret - you'll get a video blog bright and early Monday morning. Oh - yes you will!

7 comments:

Heidi Jo Comes said...

you know i'm already sitting on the edge of my seat:-)

sorry to hear about the rough weekend! dang, this water thing sure stinks.

have a great mother's day kerrie!

Anonymous said...

LORD NO!!!

Just Mom said...

Yeesh!

I hope your Mother's Day (and your week next week) is a calm one.

Lori said...

Sounds like you guys have been real busy. Sorry to hear about the water in your basment.

~ Amy ~ said...

We had water in our basement too. Of course we didn't realize it till there was 4-inches. It really didn't damage too much since I keep almost everything in totes - although there were 3 snowmobile helmets floating. It was a crazy mess for Trevor for awhile. Now, our pump runs almost constanty to keep the water out.

Your week sounded crazy busy. I honestly don't know how you do it.

I'm looking forward to the video blog. I love those!

~ Amy ~ said...

Happy Mother's Day Kerrie... I hope you have a relaxing day!!!

Jamie said...

Man, I feel so bad for you guys with getting water in your house...there is nothing worse than water clean up and damage! :(