Thursday, May 24, 2007

Can you get me this?

Tonight I was looking at the Wal-Mart ad. Against my better judgement I showed Nathan what I found.

He told me that he'd like me to get the Jeff Gordon one for him and the Dale Earnhardt Jr. one for Dawson so they could race. I told him that the cars were very expensive and that I didn't have enough money to buy them.

Nathan: You could use my money.
Me: It still wouldn't be enough.
Nathan: People could give you money if you told them I wanted it.
Me: Like who?
Nathan: Tracy, Icky Bug, Aunt Shannon and Uncle Jim.

RollSo - Tracy, Jennie, Shannon and Jim - I'm going to need you to empty your pockets and buy my kid an expensive car that he doesn't need. If you can't, you'll have to break the news to him. I'm sure he'll take the news like a champ!

10 comments:

A mom said...

LOL! Cough it up people. There is nothing worse than a good old guilt trip. You wouldn't want this poor kid to go without, would you? Don't forget, his friend is also in need of one.

Too funny!!

Amber said...

You know I saw that last night too and I immediately thought of Dawson and Nathan. How crazy is that that?!?!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!! I can't wait to "experience" Nathan in person next month. I am dying to hear his "funnies" from his mouth!!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

that's one of those really hard things to break to a kid, but necessary nonetheless. when they have buddies who do have the 'cool' toys like that it is sooo hard to explain why we don't. but it's a great lesson, and after about 47 1/2 seconds they forget completely and start playing with their card-board boxes again:-)

Shannon said...

Okee-dokee! I'll get right on that...um, do you think 67 cents will be enough? That's about all I have in my pockets ;o)

Tracy said...

Thanks to Auntie Chell it might have to be the Corvette against Lightening McQueen for now! Sorry buddy...my pockets are empty. I don't even have 67 cents!

Amanda said...

HA - I like the way he thinks. Plus, in regards to breaking his heart and leaving the poor child so disappointed that it could potentially ruin his childhood (I hope everyone knows I’m being sarcastic) – you’re off the hook! WHOO!

the boedecker family said...

OMG He crack's me up!! Those cars are a big hit but very costly I agree!!

Jennie Thompson said...

I too saw that in the Wally World ad last night and thought of Nathan and Dawson. If I were to win the lottery, I'd buy he and Dawson each one!!

Jamie said...

OK, you guys heard the man...get your wallets out and start spreading the dough...by the way you could extend you arm and pocket book my way also!!

Love that story!!