Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I LIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you believe it? I lived and loved the circus. WHO KNEW? This wasn't the first time I'd ever been to a circus, but it was the first time I'd been since developing a fear of circus animals. Shannon, you were right, I think I did see an 'When animals go wild' type show and was scared to death thereafter.

Anyway, after buying a light up toy, Natey was ready to rock and roll. I'll show you just how ready he was.
Now that's ready people! I asked him to stop and let me take his picture and this was the pose he came up with. Not exactly what I had in mind, but a pose nonetheless. He and Dawson were both stoked for the show to begin.

I wasn't nervous at all - not even close to what I thought I'd be. Maybe it was because I was so tired. Doesn't matter, I'm just glad it wasn't a big deal and I was able to enjoy the show. The show started and Natey and Dawson held their swords high.The lion and tigers were first. The lion tamer and his girl helper were kinda (sorry) trailer trash looking. Everyone else had on these sparkly outfits - but not them. They kind of looked like those cousins you have that you hope never come to visit. Anyway, we got through that and then came an elephant. He was really cute. Natey kept saying "Mommy, that elephant looks really tired". It reminded me of another reason that I have a hard time going to the circus. I'm not sure that it's a wonderful life for an animal. I don't know, maybe it is, but he was right - a few of the elephants looked really tired. I know one thing for sure, I wouldn't want to be the man in blue!At intermission it was time to ride the pony's. Dawson could hardly handle himself he was so excited. Nathan, on the other hand, was a bit nervous about it. See what I mean?Natey told me that he wants to ride the elephant next year. Yeah right big talker, we'll see about it when the time comes.

Both of the boys loved the ending. They loved the motorcycles.It is pretty amazing. I can't imagine the amount of practice that goes into that part of the show. One miss cue and they are in a world of hurt. It was fun to watch and we all had a good time.

9 comments:

the boedecker family said...

Glad to hear your made it first of all and had a good time!! I often too wonder if those animal's are happy...they just don't look it!!

Amber said...

Coming from a hater, an animal hater that is...I LOVE the Circus.
My girls were not impressed with the motorcycles because they were TOO LOUD. However everyone that I talked to that went with boys...that was their favorite part!
That makes me giggle.
My girls were all about the fancy dancing girls and BARBIE!

Jamie said...

I am glad to see that you actually enjoyed the circus. :)

I loved your comment about the trainers and looking like the cousins you don't claim...very funny!

Anonymous said...

Brings back memories of the circus in Watertown that some of us from the church went to every year...did you ever go with us? I mostly remember it being my family, the Dirksens' and the Fields'. I would assume your mom went with us, but I'm guessing you and Shannon were too "cool" to go with us. :-P Or maybe your fear had settled in by then, so that's why you didn't go.

Diana said...

After reading your blog I can't wait to experience that with Diego! Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience!

A mom said...

I think Natey's pose was super. He looks like a ninja warrior with a sword. He is a lean mean fighting machine, you better watch yourself. Hi-yah!

Anonymous said...

I am scared of the circus too ... and the rodeo, however, I go to both and freak out the whole time. I'm always afraid at the rodeo the horses are going to jump over the fence. Luckily last time, they had beer, so I wasn't nearly as scared.

HA! :)

Glad you all enjoyed it.

Tracy said...

What about the sweaty palms you kept having?? Wasn't that nerves?? Ha! Just kidding...I had sweaty palms too when those girls were so high in the air doing tricks...OH-and that guy on the HUGE WHEEL??

Heidi Jo Comes said...

do they have beer at the circus? that sounds better already....