Thursday, May 10, 2007

Happy 5th Birthday Nathan!!!

First of all, this picture makes me giggle. I'm at work right now and don't have access to all my photo's of Nathan, but this one will do. He makes me laugh and so does this photo.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATHAN!!!

I still find it hard to believe that one person changed my life so much. I had no idea what I was in for when I became a parent. I wouldn't go back to my life pre-children if someone paid me. Now that I'm a mother I couldn't do without them.


My pregnancy with Nathan was wonderful. I had no issues to speak of. The day he was born, my life was changed forever. I felt it immediately. I cried the biggest tears of joy when I heard him crying for the first time. It's a feeling I'll never forget.

I know people always think their children are great, but Nathan really is great. He's polite, funny, charming, charismatic, smart. He's everything you would want in a child. I never have to worry that he's not being a good boy while he's away from our care. He knows better - and does better.

I love him so much that it brings me to tears. I called him today to wish him a happy birthday. Here was the conversation:


Me: Happy Birthday!
Natey: Thanks.
Me: Do you feel older today?
Natey: Yes.

Me: Do you?
Natey: Yes. I can tell that my legs are longer.

Me: Oh really? That's pretty neat. How do you know they're longer?
Natey: Well, you know the rocking chair has that stool? Well, today my legs can reach 10 feet to that stool.
Me: Awesome!

I can feel his love down to my bones. Happy Birthday Nathan. I love you so much!

Please check out this post on Tracy's blog too. Thank's Tracy for doing that. It was so nice of you.

14 comments:

Just Mom said...

"I know people always think their children are great, but Nathan really is great. He's polite, funny, charming, charismatic, smart..."

Cute. Don't forget cute.

Happy Birthday Nathan.

BTW, I thought you'd get around to posting a Happy Birthday message on your blog.

Amber said...

Nathan is a silly kids. I love when he does the eye brow thing...he's going to be quite the catch someday!

Have you noticed how many people have had kids with birthdays this week and last? What's up with all of these May birthdays?

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for this!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATHAN!!

I cannot believe he's 5 years old. Where has the time gone?? I cannot wait to see you all next month!!

Love you all!!!

the boedecker family said...

Happy B-day Natey!! I totally agree with feeling their love so deep!! Kid's are great!!

I also want to thank you for your comment on my blog!! It really made me feel better!! THANK YOU!!

Shannon said...

I'm not sure why I'm in tears as I read this. I'm just a little over emotional today, I guess :o). Happy B-Day, Natey! We all love you and can't wait to see you on Saturday.

Momma Roar said...

Happy Birthday Nathan!! Have a terrific day!!


PS - Kerrie, your comment had me cracking up!! Exactly!! :)

Heidi Jo Comes said...

"I can feel his love down to my bones"

i know exactly what that feels like. maybe it's a boy thing, maybe it's a first born thing...not sure, but i get this feeling from nic so strongly too. not that all of the kids don't love me as i obviously love them, but it's unique with him...

anyway, happy birthday to a polite, funny, charming, charismatic, smart, and cute boy!

Tracy said...

Your welcome. I have been working on that slideshow for quite some time. I wish I would have added more of when the boys were little. That is a friendship that I hope they cherish forever!! WE LOVE YOU Natey!!

Lori said...

Happy Birthday Nathan.
I love the conversation between you and him. That he felt older because his legs were getting longer. Cute!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Nathan!!! Yes, children do change your life for the better.
Susan

A mom said...

Happy Birthday Natey!! You are an awesome little guy! You must get it from your mom!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Nathan! It was a cute picture of him in the newspaper for St. Thomas!!

~ Amy ~ said...

Wow, two different posts on two different sites for one boy - he must be a special child.

Happy Birthday Nathan!!!!

Jamie said...

Cute conversation!!

Happy Birthday Nathan!!!