Monday, April 02, 2007

Bloop...Bloop...Bloop

We're having some water issues at our house. As I said yesterday, Justin called me and told me there was water in the basement. I went home at noon so I could watch the kids while he did his best to fight back the water. I'm not talking inches here, but he couldn't get it to stop. He went though bags (plural) of floor dry and said that he was going to have to get up every 2 hours throughout the night to keep up with it. At first he couldn't figure out if something might have happened to our washer, water softener, water heater, or if it was seeping in from outside. Turns out it's seeping in. Just as our luck would have it, it's supposed to rain today and tomorrow. Please excuse me while I do a back flip.

I'm back....

When I was getting ready to come to work (about 11:30pm), Claire was busy up in her crib carrying on a conversation with her bunnies. Justin went down to shop vac some more water and Claire started saying "Daddy, where are you?". I went up to tell her that she needed to go to sleep and she was pleased as punch to see someone visiting her. She said "Hi dad!" then looked at me and said "Oh, hi mom...what are you doing?" I told her that she needed to lay down and go to sleep and she laughed at me. Nice!


Yesterday Jack took a 4 hour nap. It was nice to get a few things done. Well, I kinda fell asleep while I was watching the race, but only for about 15 minutes. Justin and Nathan ran to Brookings to get the floor dry while Claire and Jack slept. It was nice to just sit and relax on the couch. I don't get to do that all too much.

I have to tell you about our Saturday night. I've said many times on my blog how much I adore my friend Linda. Well she and her family took their first family vacation a couple of weeks ago to sunny CA. While they were away, Justin fed their dogs. Well, as a Thank You, Linda wanted to keep the kids while Justin and I went out for supper...a lone...with no kids...to be by our selves...talking to each other. Hmm, what a concept! We took the kids to their house and as we drove back through town to the restaurant I realized how strange this really did feel. We had a good time though and enjoyed talking to each other.

After supper we went back to Linda's house to hang out for a while. On our way to their house, we drove by the creeks in town. They were full due to that rain that I almost drowned in. (Wait, I forgot I already told you that wasn't true.) We had a good time. Thank you Linda and Russ for allowing us time alone.

Well, that's it for now. Have a good week!

6 comments:

Tracy said...

I didn't know you could do a back flip...I would PAY to see that!!

Hope the water problem is better today.

Amber said...

Back flips?!?! Now that TOPS my front flips!
We were gone all day on Saturday (with my family) and Corey was flipping because he was so worried about the gutters being clogged. (aka he had had enough of my family and wanted to go home) My answer was this: "Gosh why are you worring about this now? This is the first time that you've mentioned this and it's been raining for 3 days!"

Lori said...

That was nice of your friends to to watch the kids so that you two could have a nice night out alone!!

I too hope you got your water problem under control.

Diana said...

I hope the water problem gets resolved soon because that can be a real pain in the neck! True that was really nice of your friends to take care of the kids so you can just relax and sit back for a bit.

Jamie said...

I hope you get that water all cleaned up. What a pain in the butt!!

That is such a cute story about Claire!

A mom said...

Mmmmm, for some reason, I can not picture you doing a back flip. I would be really interested in seeing this.

Have you had water in your basement before? I take it you don't have a sump pump? I certainly hope you can get it under control.