Saturday, April 07, 2007

Simply funny

I don't remember which day it was and thankfully it's not important. I believe it was last Saturday or Sunday, but again, not important. Anyway, Peach was being, well, just that, a real Peach, and wouldn't listen to a word I said. I wanted her to stop doing whatever it was that she was doing. I started simple, "Claire". Nothing. "CLAire" a little louder. Still nothing. "CLAIRE!" Still nothing at this point. My blood pressure was rising and I raised my voice to say "CLAIRE LEANNE!" There we go! Not only did she stop what she was doing, but so did Natey. Who doesn't love a two for one, right? Don't get too excited - they both looked at me as I'd lost my mind. Natey said "Why did you just call her that?" in his best 'I'm really a teenager trapped in an almost 5 year old boy body' tone. I explained that when I use their middle name that it means I'm serious. I also realized at that moment that I don't actually do what I'd just said. When I want to get Nathan's attention I say "Nathan Meyer" not "Nathan Lee". No wonder he was confused.

Tuesday afternoon Natey and I were watching TV, at least he was. I was sitting on the couch holding Jack. I don't remember what happened, but Nathan looked at me and said "Can you BELIEVE that, Kerrie Anne?" I was stunned. I said "Uh, no, I guess I can't." (pause) "Did you just call me Kerrie Anne?" He smiled - like this.....

and nodded as to say yes. I said "Did you call me that because you were serious?" He covered his mouth and giggled - and nodded again.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow, that is sure a little devil smile...watch out! :)

Tracy said...

TOO CUTE! Look at that face mom?!?!? What a cutie! (and he means business Kerrie Anne)

Amber said...

How can you resist a face like that, Kerrie Ann?!?!

Anonymous said...

Kerrie Anne!! That's too funny!!! I wish someone had a camera to take a picture of your face when he said it!

Andrea said...

That smile is too funny! It's amazing what kids say, when they say it and how they interpret things!

Lori said...

Aren't kids funny. You called Claire by her middle name so he could do it to - Kerrie Anne!