Thursday, April 05, 2007

Nests

Here's a close up of one of the nests. Justin was home when I made them, so the kids were busy playing with him. They are very simple to make. All you need is a bag of butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and a bag of chow mein noodles. Melt the chips together in a large pan and stir in the noodles until covered. I only used about 3/4 of a bag of the noodles. Easy and fun! Amber said she used Peeps with her nest which I thought was a great idea. I'll have to do that next year. Oh, right after you put a pile of the 'branches down' add the eggs (jelly beans).

This second picture isn't that great. It looks a little blurry, but you get the gist of it. I thought they were really cute.

6 comments:

A mom said...

Those are interesting. They look huge in the picture. Are they about the size of a cookie? I will have to file this away for future reference. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Kind of funny that I'm going to comment on your second picture here, but actually, I think it looks like a picture that would be used in a magazine next to the recipe...ya know what I'm talking about? I think it's a neat picture. And they sound like they'd be SSSOOO good!

Amber said...

Yummy! They look super good!

Jamie said...

Those are cute!! Very creative!

Tracy said...

Very cool my friend. Are you bringing some over on Sunday?!?!?

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe. They look yummy!