Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Scary alarm

On Friday night, Jack had a scary alarm. I don't know what time it was, but everyone was asleep when his apnea machine went off. I ran to him and had to shake him before it silenced itself. That was the worst one yet. He's never had an alarm during the day. I think it's because he doesn't go into such a deep sleep. I don't know, but I'm probably not going to be willing to take him off this machine at 6 months like I was when I left Dr. Lundien's office last month.

Claire has started calling Jack "Jacksleeping". I'm not sure why or how this started, but she'll say "Hi Jacksleeping". Sometimes I say, "Honey, Jack is awake." She responds with "Hi Jackawake". Funny. She's something else. I call her "Claire Meyer Sassypants" which fits very well.

The family got to be outside this weekend. Justin took the kids for a walk. Natey rode his new Dallas Cowboys bike. I guess he took 2 falls, but nothing major. I'll be glad when we can be out there all the time.


After seeing myself in the Reza pictures, I've decided I'm done being fat. I can't handle it any more. I've started to write down what I eat so that I can figure out how many calories I take in. I've got 3 days under my belt and consumed 1500 the first day, 1553 the second and 1563 yesterday. After looking on the net, I've found that to loose weight I need to cut my calorie intake by 250 calories and exercise off 250 calories a day as well. It said that walking for 45 minutes a day would burn 250 calories. I'm sure I have 45 minutes, but I'm going to have to search for it. I also found that my 'ideal' weight should be between 115 and 129. I'm a long way from that people. I graduated high school at 120 pounds and got married (after losing 30 pounds) at 130 pounds. Holy cat smokes. I'm up for the challenge.

13 comments:

Amber said...

For me: working out is the easy part...finding the time is the hard part!

Anonymous said...

Are you done nursing?

First Time Mommy said...

Keep up the good work Kerrie :)! I wrote down my calorie intake for a few months and lost 13 lbs. (1500 calories per day) Of course I gained 5 to 7 of that back this winter so now I'm writing down everything I eat again. It's kind of a pain but so worth it! Good Luck!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

you look beautiful in those pictures! i support you if you are wanting to lose weight, but don't lie to yourself, you are gorgeous now.

weight watchers works wonderfully. i followed that plan after having kate and losing weight was NEVER so easy. you still can eat. it's not a diet of certain foods, just less of all the food you love. probably much like counting calories. but i needed the extra motivation and accountability.

oh, where did you find out your ideal weight? that seems low.


good luck!

Anonymous said...

Who the heck sets those "ideal" weights anyway. I think they smoke crack. I don't think I'll ever see 130 again...sigh...it seems so long ago. I know you can do it. You worked so hard to get ready for your wedding. If anyone as the will power (is that one word?) you do!!

P.S.
Could you let a little of that rub off on me? Geesh, we're sisters, you would think something like that would be genetic :o)

Kerrie said...

Hol - I'm not done nursing, but might as well be. I'm down to two ounces per pumping session. I'll still nurse/pump until nothing at all comes out. I realize that this might lessen my supply, but really, could it get worse?

Heidi - Thanks for the kind words. Weight Watchers is very much like counting calories - basically the same.

Shan / Heidi - I'm not sure which site I got the 'ideal' weight from. I'll never see 115, but 130ish would be fine with me. Heidi, I'm only 5'1" so if you look at it that way it's not that far of a stretch.

Shan - after Jack was born I stopped biting my nails again. That's how I knew when I was ready I could also lose the weight.

~ Amy ~ said...

I wish we lived closer - we could go walking together. I desperately want to lose some weight too but I think it's easier if you have a buddy to exercise with for more motivation.

I'm so glad little Jack's alarm wasn't serious.

Tracy said...

Well, we had a good start of walking last night. Too bad we had some mishaps on the way. (giggle).

I would hate to know what my "ideal weight" is. That might put me into anorexia...JUST KIDDING PEOPLE! I love food way too much!

Tracy said...

I went to this website to figure out my "healthy weight"

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/iwc

According to your that...my ideal healthy weight is 143 pounds. Your recommended weight range is between 127 and 159 pounds. That is quite a range don't you think?!?!? Hmmmm...

Lori said...

Sorry to hear about your alarm going off with Jack.

I too need to get into a regular routine of exercising and loose a few pounds I gained over the winter.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Jack. Hope things go better from now on. He is such a cutie and is growing so fast.
I too would like to lose weight but I need to do something instead of just talking about it :)
But I hate exercise!
Susan

A mom said...

I am so glad you have that machine! I am sure if I were in your shoes, my poor kid would be hooked up to it until he was 18 or left home!

Good luck on the weight thing. I have actually been slacking on the treadmill. I still count calories, and am still losing, slowly. Thanks for the motivation. I am going to get back on that treadmill tomorrow.

The ideal weight you listed sounds a little to drastic. I think Tracy's sounded a lot better. I went to her sight and checked my ideal weight, and it seemed pretty accurate. My weight has ranged drastically in the past 7 years and the range it gave me, was about where I felt and looked my best. Good luck!! You can do it!

Tracy said...

That calculation I did above is for ME...I obviously had some typos in there. Oops!