Friday, April 13, 2007

Curl? How?

Being the hair person that I am, I still don't understand how I went from stick straight hair, pre-children, to enough curl to look like I have a perm if I so desire. I'd been wanting a perm and Char was trying to talk me out of it as fast as I was trying to talk her into it. Finally one day I decided to see how much curl I could get by scrunching and I was amazed. Yesterday I decided to wear it curly which takes MUCH less time than any other style I wear. I thought it looked better with dark hair than it did when my hair was light. Anyway, I picked the kids up from Pam's yesterday and right away Nathan said "Mom - your hair looks wild". I had to laugh. Any time my hair is styled different, Nathan usually has something to say about it.

When I get the kids home from daycare it usually takes them a little bit to unwind. They all seem to need me and I'm being pulled in a million different directions. As you can imagine, yesterday was no exception. I was holding Jack and Claire wanted to sit on my lap too. Nathan was racing his cars on the table and wanted to show me everything that was going on with his race. I don't know if I've told you this before, but when he races and a big wreck happens, he wants to show me in slow motion. OH - LORD! It's like pulling teeth. Then sometimes you get real lucky and you have to see it in slow motion again because Natey didn't recreate it the way he wanted. (sigh)

Anyway, back to the story. I don't know what we were doing at the time, but Nathan and I had this conversation:

Nathan: Mom, you look beautiful!
Me: Do you know what that means?
Nathan: Yes. It means that you're very pretty.
Me: Oh! You think I'm very pretty?
Nathan: Yes.
Me: (so flattered) Oh, geesh, Thanks Natey!
Nathan: You're welcome....but not always....just today.

Figures!

10 comments:

Amber said...

Oh my goodness, that has to be the funniest thing that I heard all week!
I think you look pretty EVERYDAY Kerrie Ann!

A mom said...

I am sorry Natey, but I would have to disagree. Kerrie, you are beautiful everyday, even if the outside is scary as heck!

the boedecker family said...

Don't you love how they can make you feel on top of the world and 2 second's later bring you back to reality...LOL! I feel you on the stress of more then one child needing to show/tell you something all at the same time!!!

Diana said...

Kids are amazing and funny. I am not sure how I would react if Diego were to tell me that hmmmmm... I think I would cry and then get over it. I agree with everyone you are pretty!

Andrea said...

My goodness! First you were on cloud 9, then before you know it, you were under that cloud!! You really do have a son who's not afraid to hold anything back, don't you?! Makes for interesting days, doesn't it? :)

You should jot these all down and show him some day when he's older!

Jamie said...

That is so cute!

Lori said...

That is so funny! He comes up with some of the cutest comments.

Tracy said...

That is H*I*L*A*R*I*O*U*S! I haven't seen your hair curly for awhile. Are you going to wear it like that tonight? Do you use mousse or what?? Do share...

Just Mom said...

So...Where's the photo of you with the updated 'do?

~ Amy ~ said...

Oh, that's too funny! Kids - gotta love em!