Friday, April 13, 2007

The show

Remember my post about Reza? If you missed it, you can read it here. Tracy and I decided we'd leave the boys at home and go to the show ourselves. I'd gotten an e-mail from Reza a week or so ago making sure I knew how to get tickets and he asked that I made sure to make contact with him at the show. So last night Tracy picked me up and we were on our way.Natey was very sad that he didn't get to go to the show with us. I wouldn't tell him what kind of show it was because I knew very well that he likes magic and would have wanted to go. However, after watching the trailer of the show I just didn't think he would be able to understand it just yet. So Tracy and I left Nathan crying at the front door. I knew his tears wouldn't last long, but it's never fun to leave your child crying like that.

When we got to the Playhouse there were kids everywhere. I was feeling HORRIBLE about that little boy we left crying at the front door. I even saw a child from his preschool class there. Actually there were many children around. I said to Tracy "Maybe we are of the wrong age to be here."

Reza had an opening act. It was a college student from SDSU singing and playing the guitar. He was....his voice was....hmmm, I'm not sure what to even say about him. I couldn't understand a word he was saying when he was singing, but he had a nice voice and the guitar sounded nice. Then after a short intermission Reza came out and did his thing. I was surprised that he was funny. I didn't expect that. He did some great tricks. His card tricks were awesome. He called people up from the crowed which made it fun. He called kids up there which was very brave. We ALL know how unpredictable kids can be. It was a good show.
After the show, Reza announced that he would be in the lobby. Tracy and I went out there to wait. I spoke to his mother and told her that I remembered Reza from selling me candy at the salon and she said she thought I looked familiar. I'm not sure if she was just saying that or not, but she was very polite. It wasn't long and Reza came out. Tracy and I got to say hello and have our picture taken with him. We told him that we enjoyed the show and he thanked us for stopping by.

He also had one of 'his people' take a picture of us. I thought that was nice. This is us looking at that camera. Ok, so I could have totally left this out...but why? :)On the way home Tracy and I were trying to figure out the tricks. We were stumped. We were both VERY glad that we left the boys at home. We would have been answering questions the whole time I think. They would never have understood the card tricks, that's for sure. It was a good show and we enjoyed ourselves.

4 comments:

~ Amy ~ said...

You left your crying kids home from a magic show - how could you? No, i'm totally kidding - I would've too. I just hope they don't here all about it from the daycare kids.

~ Amy ~ said...

ooops! not daycare - preschool!

Anonymous said...

Fun! I'm glad you had a good time! :)

Lori said...

Looks like you gals had a fun time!