Monday, April 02, 2007

Oh lordy!

Remember when we had rhyme time with Nathan? Well, we had it again the other day and the same ugly word popped up. This time he made it a little more fancy and added a y. I hate to have to remind you, but the base word was duck. Following me? Follow - starts with an F. Hmmm a trend.

Ok, so the other day he said the f word and added a y. What did I do? I did what all good mothers did and laughed at him. I can't help it. Anyway, he knew right away that this wasn't good and stared to cry. He said "Stop laughing at me. You're hurting my feelings." I made sure he knew which word was the bad one which he did.

Today he told me that his head was saying bad words. The first one started with h. I always love a good guessing game in the middle of the afternoon. The bad word his head was thinking about was Hate. Here is how the conversation went:
Me: Is the word hate?
Nathan: Yes.
Me: You're right. That's not a very nice word.
Nathan: Oops! There is another one.

Me: You should probably tell you head to stop.
Nathan: Do you want to know this one? I just can't get it out of my head.
Me: I guess so.
Nathan: It sounds like ssssssss.
Me: Stupid?
Nathan: That's right.
(the dreaded pause)
Nathan: I can say buck, right?
Me: I think it's best if you just stop there.
Nathan: Yeah, me too.
Holy Moly

12 comments:

A mom said...

Your kid is a genious. All though, I have been trying to use that "the voice in my head made me do it" for a long time, and it does not work for me.

Anonymous said...

I keep telling you he cracks me up. Kerrie, you should be writing a book of Nathan's Funnies :)
Have a good day!
Susan

Heidi Jo Comes said...

that is funny on too many levels.

Andrea said...

Wow! That is just too funny! Poor guy just doesn't know what to do with all those words his head keeps telling him!

Just Mom said...

I don't know how you keep your cool. When Alex says "stupid" or "hate" I just freak out.

~ Amy ~ said...

Ha ha! At least in his head he knows there not nice words.

Lori said...

That is too funny!! His head keeps telling them they aren't nice words but he just can't stop thinking of them.

the boedecker family said...

That is too funny! It is hard when they start learning or figuring out these word's. I don't like it when they just don't accept that you tell them they are bad they have to know why a few differnt way's.

Shanley said...

Oooh thats preety cute!

Amber said...

Sometimes I would love to say the words that the voice in my head is saying!!

Tracy said...

That is funny! Dawson doesn't quite get the rhyme thing...just when he starts "what rhymes with" we end in a JOKE!

Anonymous said...

That's funny! Just wait until he starts riding the school bus. LOL! He'll be coming up with some real doozies then.