Sunday, September 17, 2006

A busy fun weekend

We made it to the game! Nathan and had a blast. He sat on my lap for all of the first half and was screaming and cheering on his team - "GO BULLDOGS! GET THE BALL BULLDOGS!" The first question Nathan asked me when we got there was "Where is the yellow line?". It was so cute. I told him that the yellow line was only on TV and on dad's game. I showed him the markers and told him where to watch for the first down. I'm pretty sure the child knows more about football than I do. Anyway, we had a good time, but the game got 'lightninged out'. They called a lightning delay which by the rules meant that they had to delay the game for 30 minutes. I was ready to go after half time, so I was thankful for the lightning. Right after half time I took the boys to the bathroom. You could see the lightning in the west which TOTALLY freaked them out. When we finally got back to Tracy and Ferber they were making their way off the bleachers (not the place you want to be with lightning around obviously). We made it to the van before the rain came. Natey was a bit upset that we had to go, but he was tired (not that he'd admit it). We went and got Peach at Grandma Sandy's. Apparently she's not a huge fan of Grandma Sandy, but her new best friend IS Papa Ken. I think that probably made it easier on Sandy anyway. That way she could spend time with Caymen while Claire and Ken bonded.

When we were leaving their house it was raining hard outside. Nathan really wanted to get wet by the rain, but his mean mother wouldn't let him. Oh - when we got in the van to get Peach, I asked Natey if he had a good time. He said "I know football. I play it and I know it." Um, you sure do. It struck me as funny though. A simple yes would have worked too.


Yesterday was the Fall Festival for St. Thomas. It had to be inside due to the rain, but Natey had a great time nonetheless. It was about 150 degrees in the auditorium and thankfully I chose a sweater to wear. (Yeah - that was sarcasm.) The kids were soaked in sweat. I tried to con him into doing the cake walk, but he wanted nothing to do with it. The high school girl that watches the kids from time to time was at the ring toss, so he wanted to do that a lot. He won two bottles of pop. He was VERY happy about that. He also enjoyed the football toss (shock I know). He did very well. The prize was candy which he repeatedly turned down. (Maybe he's really not my child!)

It wasn't long before he found his friend Kylie. She goes to his daycare and now is in his class as school. Their teacher calls her Smiley Kylie which fits her to a T. She couldn't have been happier to see Nathan. There were these huge blow up things to play on and she and Nathan rode the slide a gazillion times. They had a great time! We were there for 3 hours. Finally I told him we had to go before I melted. He wasn't a fan of that - at - all. He started to throw a fit until I pointed out that people were looking at him. That's kinda his deal. He'll be naughty at home, but he doesn't want people (other than family) to see him act like that. He straightened up until we got in the van - when he announced that he didn't like me. That obviously didn't fly well since I'd just sat in a sauna for 3 hours with him.

Anyway, fit and all it was a fun time. Justin stayed home with Claire so that Natey could just enjoy himself. I think it's important to let him do his own things from time to time. However, he's so 4 years old some times that I think I might harm him. That too shall pass......right?

No comments: