Wednesday, September 13, 2006

It was......an error in judgment

It's beautiful out today. I'm glad I didn't miss it - sorta. I got home about 8:20 or so and Nathan met me at the door. He wanted me to watch cartoons with him before I went to bed. I told him I could for a little bit, but not long. He had school pictures today and I was taking Claire to get hers done as well, so I had to be up by 11:30 for sure. I made it to 8:30 and hit the wall. I apologized to Nathan and told him that I had to go to bed for a bit, but that I'd be up really soon.

As you could probably guess, my bladder woke me up at about 10:45. I decided to just stay up and get the kids fed before we had to be at the school. After eating, I got the kids ready and we were off.

I think the pictures are going to turn out well. Nathan had a good time having his picture taken. Claire went last and she had a good time too. I'd made arrangements with Pam to take Claire to her house so that I could come home and sleep. After doing so I regretted it, but Claire was tired and this way I wouldn't have to wake her from her nap to pick up Nathan. So I took Claire over at 1 and came home and relaxed.

At 3 I grabbed my keys and started out the door to pick up Nathan. It was such a nice day I thought I'd walk the block and a half to pick him up. He was excited to see me which always makes me smile. He was even more excited that we were walking. On the way home he asked me where Claire was. I told him and he wanted to know if we could walk to Pam's to pick her up.


Against my better judgment I said yes. Pam lives 6 blocks away. I thought that since I wasn't having contractions when I got home from St. Thomas that I would be able to make the trek to Pam's house. (Sound loud buzzer here.)

Natey and I took off to pick up Claire. He rode Lightning and I pushed Claire's stroller. It took me 25 minutes to go the 6 blocks. I started to wonder how much a taxi would be to get home. ;) We stayed and chatted with Pam for about 5 or 10 minutes before we started our way back home. WHAT IN THE HECK WAS I THINKING?????? It took us a good 30 minutes to get home. When we got here I remembered that we were out of milk and that I needed to go to the store. Are you kidding me? UGH! So I told Natey that we had to go to the store and that I needed him to stay in the van with Peach. Thankfully he didn't fuss at that. I got to the store and, of coarse, the milk is at the very back of the store. As I walked back to get the milk, I decided that we'd be having frozen pizza for supper as well.

So, here I sit waiting for the pizza to get done. I've had not quite 2 hours of sleep for the day and Justin doesn't get home until 8pm. I'll do better next time. It's not as if I could have done much worse.

No comments: