Wednesday, September 27, 2006

9 years ago today


Nine years ago today was the first date I went on with Justin. We'd worked together for 3 months at the Moody County Sheriff's Office. I was working part time at a small salon in Brookings. The girl I worked with was getting married and I needed a date for the dance. I asked Justin if he'd go with me. He did and here we are 9 years and 2 and 3/4 children later. Look how young we look! Holy cats!!!!

Today has been pretty uneventful. I worked last night from midnight to 8. I came home and hung out until 10. Natey had school and Claire went to Pam's for the afternoon. I got up at 2:50 to go pick up Nathan, run a few errands, and then to pick up Claire. Now I have to figure out what we'll have for supper. I don't have a clue today. No idea.

It apparently rained while I slept today. It's 20 degrees colder today than yesterday. The past two days have been beautiful, however, the Asian beetles have been caked to the house which FREAKS Natey out. He couldn't play outside because they were flying everywhere and he didn't want to be near them. He was fine with being cooped up in the house - as long as the bugs weren't near him. Then there are those little black bugs. I don't know what they are, but they bite. I didn't want the kids to get bit up by those little things anyway.

Fall is certainly all around us. The leaves are changing, and like I said, the temperature is changing as well. This weekend we're having visitors. Justin's parents are coming. Nathan is counting down the days. It's DSU's homecoming as well and he and I will be going to the parade on Saturday morning. He's excited for that. I hope it's not freezing. It's supposed to get up to 60 that day, but the low is 40. If there's no wind then we might just be ok. I guess we'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOLY CATS! How time has changed...look how YOUNG you guys look! VERY CUTE COUPLE! :)

Love,

Trac