Sunday, September 10, 2006

The weekend in review

It's officially Monday morning by 34 minutes. I worked until midnight and was beyond glad to be done with work for the week. The past two weeks I've worked 4-midnight because I'm training someone again. Usually I do a weekend here and there during training and that's it. In my 9 year career of dispatching, I've never done 4 days in a row on the 4-midnight shift. I always thought I'd love that shift, and I probably would had I not spent it training someone. Friday night was busy while Saturday and Sunday were a total snooze fest. Thank goodness it's over!

Saturday was a fun day. Tracy and I took our kids to Sioux Falls to Chuck E. Cheese. For those of you who don't know, Tracy has a son, Dawson, who's 3 months older than Nathan. She also has a baby girl, Caymen, who's 5 months old. Nathan and Dawson are self proclaimed best friends. The boys are a handful when they are together. They feed off of each other. If Nathan would do something wrong either Tracy or I would tell him to stop and Dawson would take over what Nathan was doing and vise versa. They are very much 4 year old boys.


They both had a good time at Chuck E. Cheese. Here is a picture of them playing air hokey together.
Last time we went they didn't show much interest in this game. However, this time it was GAME ON! Our pizza came and I went to get the boys so that they could come eat. Dawson believed he'd just take his paddle with him. It was very funny to me. I told him that he needed to finish up the game and that they could play it later. They came over and ate pretty well, Dawson more than Nathan. Then they were off to play some more. It wasn't long before I saw Nathan carrying around the air hokey paddles. They obviously didn't want anyone other than themselves to play the game.

Finally we moved to the 'big games'. Claire thought this would be the best time to run - and run.....AND RUN. I couldn't put her down due to the fact that she'd take off. It was a fun game for her. Nathan and Dawson were playing ski ball. You know what that is, right? You get 8 or 9 balls that you roll up an aisle trying to get the ball in bucket type things? Well, they don't make you wear helmets, but they should! Between Dawson and Nathan I'm not sure who was more of a danger. It was FUNNY! There were balls going everywhere. Dawson got his fill and moved on to other things. Not Nathan - he was a ski ball maniac.

One time Tracy came and stood behind him and he goes "Excuse me Trac." He needed her to move because he had to get a run at the aisle. HA!

Speaking of 'Trac', the boys crack us up with Nathan calling her Trac and Dawson calling me Ker. I mean, why not - that is what Tracy and I call each other. The best part is when Nathan shortens Dawson to Das. It sounds so retarded but I think it makes him feel very grown up.

Anyway, we had a good time. We ran to Target and Walmart on a quest for Halloween costumes, but we came up short for the boys. They both want to be race car drivers and neither store came through. I ordered Natey a Jeff Gordon fire suit and he'll be that for Halloween. I think Dawson is going to be Dale Earnhart Jr.. Claire is going to be a ladybug and we don't know what Caymen is going to be yet.

We had to rush home (and I DO mean rush) so that I could work at 4. I was pretty shot today due to all the excitement. I didn't get up until 10 I think it was. I hope for more of the same for tomorrow.

Well, that wraps up that. I'll leave you with a picture of Claire. I'm sure you all can use a good laugh on a Monday.

No comments: