Saturday, September 02, 2006

A house is just a house

I've never had a problem understand this common phrase. However, I feel it much more this weekend than normal. My house is just a house this weekend. My family is in Pierre and I miss them something terrible. I worked last night until midnight and stayed up until 2am in hopes that I'd sleep most of the day away before I had to go to work today. I made it until 10:30, which I thought was pretty good actually.

I'm tired today and I'm not sure if it's because I'm really tired or if it's the weather. I checked the answering machine and caller ID yesterday to make sure that Noah didn't call to tell me to get on the Arc. I'm not sure how much rain we got here, but it had to be a good amount.

The campers got rained out in Pierre. They're hanging out at the Meyer house. Good thing they didn't plan the camp out elsewhere. I got an e-mail from my mother-in-law wondering how they were going to get smores. I know it has to be a huge shock that I'm usually the smores maker. Me bringing sweets? Never! ;)

Justin and the kids will return tomorrow, but I'll more than likely be at work. That means I won't see the kids until Monday. OY! That seems like so far off to me. I've already put in my request with Justin to let me sleep in on Monday. I'm sure I'll be half dead by then.

I greatly look forward to my house going back to its home status.

No comments: