Sunday, September 03, 2006

Houston, we have a problem!

While Justin is gone, I'm left to care for our dog Drake. I don't spend much time with Drake when Justin is around, so when it's my turn to take care of him he goes puppy crazy. Friday night I went out to feed him when I got home from work at midnight. It was raining and I was afraid that Drake would jump on me and get me all muddy. He didn't though. He was much more worried about eating.

I decided yesterday that I'd go feed him before I went to work so I could at least see what was going on. I went to the back yard and found this. Remeber the call from Noah I didn't want to miss? Well........












I just about had a heart attack. I took this picture and called Justin so he could see the damage. Drake was locked in and I couldn't get him out. I kinda dumped his food in his kennel so that he'd at least have food. Well, Justin wanted me to get the tarp (and rain) off the kennel so it didn't collapse while I was at work. Keep in mind it's 3pm and I work at 4. :)

I cut what was holding the tarp to the kennel thinking that a gully washer was sure to follow - but no. That wire stuff is on the top of the kennel too and after I cut the tarp free it just sat there. Dang it! SO I took my scissors and cut the crap out of the tarp. THEN came the gully washer. I was a MESS! Thank goodness I decided to do this before I took a shower because I was in HUGE need of one when I got done.

I finally got Drake out of his kennel. He didn't jump on me, but he thought this would be a GREAT time to play fetch. Finally I got all the water off the tarp and put Drake in the basement so that he would be safe. It was 3:30 by then. I took a shower and in the shower started having contractions. HOLY CATS! I about croaked! I wore a sweat suit to work because I knew I wouldn't make it long with something hugging my waist.


It was all quite an experience!

It turns out that the Meyer's were able to get the camper to the campsite yesterday. I thought it would be too muddy, but Justin said it wasn't. I'm glad they were able to camp at least one night. I'm just looking forward to them getting home! When I talked to Justin last night he said they would come down (to work) to see me when they got home. I'm so excited!

Anywho, that's about it for today. I'm going to make some lasagna and clean up the kitchen before I have to get ready for work. Have a great holiday tomorrow!

No comments: