Monday, March 19, 2007

Reza

Last week I got an e-mail alert from ticketmaster. When I opened it up I was quite surprised. I saw a very familiar name and then a familiar face. The alert was about an upcoming event in Sioux Falls of an illusionist named Reza. I knew right away that I knew this guy, however, the last time I saw him he was just a boy.

I worked at a salon in Brookings about 13 years ago called Campus Hair. It was on the Campus of SDSU. I worked there for about 2 1/2 years. While working there, there was a little boy that kept a box of treats in our back room. His mother would bring him in every couple of weeks to get his money and restock the box. She made no bones about it that it was Reza's business and that he was responsible for it. There he was, a very shy little boy, and an entrepreneur at the age of (about) 8.

Yesterday while I was working I went to his
website. I decided to send him an e-mail and tell him that I was proud that he's making such a name for himself and reminded him of his young days at Campus Hair. Much to my surprise, there was an e-mail back from him when I got to work for my overnight shift. He asked if I'd be able to make it to the show in Sioux Falls and if I was then he wanted me to make sure to say hello. I thought that was so nice!

While on his site I saw that he was going to be at the Dakota Playhouse in April. I sent an e-mail back asking for more information on that show because I wasn't able to find tickets for it. I also asked if this was a show for kids. However, after looking more at his site I think it must be. He's pictured with many young kids. Fun stuff, huh! Take a look at his tour trailer. I think the show looks awesome!

6 comments:

Heidi Jo Comes said...

I don't think that things like that are coincidence. There were too many "chances" there. He must have been needing the encouragement that you provided.

Very cool! When you find out more about the Playhouse date post it please.

Anonymous said...

This is way too neat! ...and while I'm at it, I love the picture of "big sis wih baby bro!"

Just Mom said...

What a neat story, Kerrie. I'm sure he's thrilled that you remembered him. Please do post more info about his performance here.

Anonymous said...

Cool! I see that he is gonna be here in Aberdeen on the 30th of this month. I'll have to look into it and take Evie. I'm sure she would enjoy it. Thanks for the heads up :)

Lori said...

That does sound neat! You'll have to keep us posted. If he does a show at the Madison Prairie Play House that would be fun to attend.

Anonymous said...

Very cool!

Keep us posted!

I have to admit, I wish something like that would happen with KEITH!

LOL! I need metal help!