Sunday, October 01, 2006

Finally - time to catch up!

I can't believe I haven't updated since Wednesday. I'm still trying to train someone at work which takes quite a bit of time when I'm there. Then when I get home at night I don't have the time to do it. As usual I have quite a bit to say - so get ready. :)

On Wednesday evening, Natey saw the picture that I posed of my first date with Justin. He's a HUGE fan of the video I made that starts with that picture and wanted to see it. You too can see it here.
Natey said he wanted to see the video and promised he wouldn't cry while watching it. I don't remember how long ago it was, but he wanted to watch it one day and cried when it was done because he likes it so much. So I agreed to load it for him (which takes a while). He wanted me to watch it with him and wanted to sit in my lap. I agreed and we got all set. I pushed play and before it was all said and done he was crying. He put his head in my chest and just bawled. I asked him why he was crying and he said "Because I know you love me so much!". Yeah, think I didn't bawl like a baby? Right! We hugged and he watched it over and over. I went to fix supper (or something) and could hear him singing as he watched the video. It was sweet. He and Peach were laughing at the pictures - very cute.

I can't remember what day this happened, the same day of the story above, just earlier in the day I think. We took a short drive and went by the airport. Nathan decided that he wanted to drive through the cemetery which is across the street from the airport. I hesitated because I figured this was going to cause quite the question and answer session, but I did it anyway. He wanted to know where the pets were and if Tango was there. I told him that Tango wasn't there and that there are special cemeteries for pets. He wanted to know where Uncle Al (Justin's uncle) was in the cemetery. I told him that Uncle Al was in a different cemetery. Then he wondered how the people were put in the ground. I asked if he remembered Uncle Al's bed that he was laying in and he did. I told him that Uncle Al was already in heaven with Tango when we saw him in the special bed. I told him that they close it up and that special workers dig a hole and put the special bed in there. I was worried that I was going to freak him out with all this, but there was only one way to find out. He was totally ok with what I'd told him. He wanted to know how all the people died that were there. I told him that some were sick and some were in car accidents and that type of thing. (That morning his daycare lady's daughter was in a small accident.) He said "Did Cassie die in her accident this morning?" I assured him that Cassie was fine and that it wasn't a bad accident. Then he wanted me to read him the names on the headstones. I read a few and then asked if he was done being there. He was and we moved on. DEEP for a 4 year old though - very deep.

Natey was SOOOOO excited that his Grandma and Papa were coming to stay at his house. They got there about 5ish on Friday afternoon. I seriously thought Claire was going to hyperventilate when she saw Sharelle. It was so darn cute! She couldn't have been happier to see her.

Saturday Sharelle and I took the kids to the parade where we met Dawson and Tracy. Justin and Gary went hunting. We had a fun time at the parade. Tracy took these pictures with her phone.


That's Dawson and Natey dancing to the band.

Look at how adorable they are!!!!

Here is a picture of Claire and Sharelle. It wasn't long and Claire was up and enjoying the parade as well.

We all had a good time. After the parade we made a quick trip to Sioux Falls. I had to work at 4, so we didn't have much time. We rushed around and got our things done and made it home in time for me to take a shower and go to work.

Today I got up at 9 and I just couldn't pull it together. I was so tired. I went back to bed at 12:30 and woke up at 3. While I was gone, Gary and Sharelle left. I felt horrible! I didn't even get to say good-bye to them.

So here I sit - at work. My schedule for the next two weeks is beyond crazy. I won't bore you with it, but believe me when I say it's nuts.

Before I close for the night, I want to post a picture of my cousin's baby.


Isn't he adorable!!! He's the baby I wrote about a few weeks ago that had a rough go of it when he was born. He gave us all quite the scare. Look at his adorable little face. I just can't get over him. For those of you who don't know, his mother is Holly. They live in Florida. Alec is one of those babies that never really looked much like a baby. He looks older to me than he really is. He's 4 months old, but his face looks older. Nathan was like that too.

Ok, I'm finally done. Have a good week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As if that video didn't make me bawl like a baby the first time, to know that Nathan "knows how much you love him"...instant waterworks! It's a beautiful video. Thanks for sharing again.