Tuesday, December 19, 2006

3 is enough!

Well, it's 4:30am and I can't sleep. I have a big day of shopping ahead of me which is reason alone to rest, but I can't. Jack woke up at 2 and I've been up since.

I think having 3 children has made me stupid. It's not really the 3 children as much as it is the lack of sleep that I've gotten. Here are two great examples as of late. I've been working hard on getting out our Christmas cards. My cousin in Florida got married this year and I don't remember her new last name. I know her husbands name is Justin (easy enough to remember), but their last name escapes me. So I wrote 'Katie and Justin' on the top line of the envelope and followed it with their address. I tried to call my mom, but she wasn't home. I thought I sat it aside far enough....DANG IT - I think it's Broadway. I think their last name is Broadway. Why didn't think come to me sooner? Anyway, on with the story. So I had the address and everything and all that was missing was their last name. Well, I'm pretty sure I sent it like that. I can't find it anywhere. Holly - you'll have to tell Kate this story so she doesn't think I'm a total dork - well, she might be on to something if she does.

As if that wasn't dumb enough, it gets better. Justin's cousin whom we're very fond of moved from Sturgis to Rapid City. I asked Justin to get her address for me so that I could send her a card. He had it as a text message on his phone and he wasn't around when I was finishing up with our cards. I wanted to make sure that I didn't run out of cards or letters, so I put our return address on the envelope and just put her name on the top line and (I thought) sat it aside. Well, that one must have gotten into the mix of everything too because I can't find that one either. Nice! So now there is a piece of mail for Mandy Greslin floating around in the postal world with out her address. Like a boomerang it will come right back to me. So smooth Ker! It's like I'm playing some sort of detective game with the post office - 'I'll give you partial information and since you have nothing else to do this time of year, Mr. Postal Worker, you find where I think it should go.' For crying out loud!

Now that I got that off my chest, I think I'll go lay back down. I'll let you bear my burden of me being retarded. Thanks! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're hilarious!! Broadway is correct. I'll be sure to let Katie in on the story. :-) Just so you know...you have three kids at home, and you're ahead of me! I'm desperately trying to get cards in the mail. Hey, I have my letters printed...that's gotta count for something!!

Just Mom said...

I must be on the same schedule as Jack. I woke up from a snooze on the couch at 2 a.m., and then I couldn't go back to sleep until about 4:30 a.m. I then had to get up at 6 a.m. to get to work by 7 a.m. (I'm filling in for the editor today and yesterday.) If the paper looks really funky tonight, you'll know why.

Tracy said...

Have fun shopping! Hopefully you'll know what you're doing today! :)

Thanks for last night!

Jennie Thompson said...

I too was up at 2 a.m. this morning feeding Miss Vanessa. I think it was around 3 when I got back to sleep. I honestly was going to text you. Guess I should have.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

I love that you can admitt that mothering has made you lose your mind. I have been saying for years now that with each child I bear I feel a bit of my sanity is drained out in the afterbirth. Gross thought I know, but it is completely true.

I have given up on the idea of sleep, I'm afraid if I get to much it might leave me craving more and we all know that won't happen.

Here's to being a crazy mom with dark circles under our eyes!

Just Mom said...

It sounds as if we should all just meet at 2 a.m. for decaf cofee and juice. Citgo, anyone?

Amber said...

I sent my Aunt's Christmas card to her with a 39 cent stamp on it. The problem? She lives in the Netherlands! Yes, dumb move. However that was over two weeks ago and I haven't gotten it back yet!