Monday, December 11, 2006

I carried a watermelon

I know at least the women that read this will know EXACTLY where the title of this entry comes from. The other night I got up to feed Jack and Dirty Dancing was on. I love that show!

I had my own "I carried a watermelon" moment when I met Keith Urban. Here is the conversation that transpired between us. SHUT UP PEOPLE! (grin) It's called an obsession and it's better than crack cocaine (because crack is whack - right Miah?).

Keith: What's your name, baby? (Don't worry, he called everyone baby)
Me: Kerrie (he's now giving me a hug - little did he know that he was turning me into a stalker)
Me: Should we just go get married? (Keith laughs) My husband said it would be ok.
Keith: (still laughing) Well, you have a pretty generous husband then!

Other people in the room laughed as well, but after it was all said and done (and the more I thought about it) it was my 'I carried a watermelon' moment. I though 'he must think Justin is a real jackass for letting his wife marry someone' as if Keith even considered it for a minute. Yeah - I TOTALLY carried a watermelon on that one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First all, I still love the word "Bastard" on his shirt.
Secondly, you both have sort of the same hair-do in that picture.
Thirdly, maybe Keith does think back to some of the things that his fans say to him. I could just see him telling Nicole ... "there was this lady I met in Fargo and asked me to marry her..."
YOU NEVER KNOW...

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he didn't take you up on your offer of marriage! Nicole Kidman has nothing on you.

BTW, you both do kind of have the same hairdo.

Aisha

Anonymous said...

Ha ha. I would totally remember someone saying something like that to me! Some day he may just come knocking at your door! :)