Thursday, December 21, 2006

I told them what 'T' I was

Yesterday Nathan had a very fun day at school. They had a Christmas party and got to watch a movie. They also got to have yummy snacks and juice. Every child was asked to bring a unisex gift with a value of $5-$6. Nathan's gift that he got was play-doh. He was pretty happy about it. He told me that Santa came to his class, but it wasn't a real Santa - just someone dressed up as Santa. I thought he must have been mistaken because he wasn't very excited about it at all. Then last night we met Tracy and the kids for supper at McDonald's and I asked Dawson about it. He was the exact same way and made sure that I knew it wasn't the real Santa. He wasn't any more excited about it than Nathan was. Very odd!

Natey told me that he told everyone at school what T he was. I had no idea what he was talking about. Well, here's the deal; I got him some new clothes when I was in Sioux Falls the other day and his shirts are now 5T. This is a HUGE deal to him for some reason - so that's the T he was talking about. I asked who he told at school and he said Kylie. Kylie is who his heart has told him to be shy around this year - last year it was McKenzie. I bet telling the girls that he's a 5T lands all the chicks. Nice! I asked him if Kylie seemed to care if he was a 5T and he said "No, not really". It makes me wonder what Kylie even said to him when he told her. My guess is that she didn't have a clue what he was talking about. Four year olds are funny little creatures.

He was hungry when he got done with school and wanted some yogurt. He chose strawberry kiwi which he normally likes. After eating a few bites he told me 'I actually don't like kiweed' and threw it away. Kiweed = funny.

The weather here in south eastern SD isn't nice today. It rained most of the night so we have a ton of ice on the roads today - actually shush from what I've heard. I'm glad that I went to Sioux Falls on Tuesday and not today like I'd planned on doing. That would have been a HUGE error on my part. Speaking of my shopping trip on Tuesday, I got a lot done. I'm not the kind of person to leave my kids at home so that I can shop, but due to the fact that I was shopping for them, I had no other choice. It was strange for me, but kind of nice. I could go in a store, get my stuff done, and get out - that's my kind of shopping. I'm not a huge fan of shopping in the first place, so the less time doing it the happier I am.

My AFLAC papers have finally made their way to the claims department - THANK GOD. What a mess! I would guess that I'd get their check by the end of next week or at the beginning of the next at the latest. I'm just glad that it's done and it's filed.

Well, I have a TON of laundry to do so I better jet. Tootles!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

I have to say I am SOOO proud that Nathan is a 5T!! :)

Had fun last night!! Thanks for the conversation! Oh wait-does "Dawson this and Nathan that and oh Claire" Does that count?!?

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Nathan was sooo excited to tell me when he got to school yesterday that his new shirt was a 5T now. He is so funny.
Susan

Just Mom said...

Hi Kerrie -- It was actually not too bad driving around the Sioux Falls area today. There's more snow and slush here than there is down there. Yes, we're still in Madison and will be until Sunday now. Read my blog for the latest.

I'm glad you got your shopping done and that you had some peace and quiet while doing that. I'm also proud that Nathan is a 5T.

Jennie Thompson said...

Nathan is so hilarious.