Monday, December 25, 2006

Feeding geese Nathan Meyer style


Greetings to all! I hope you've all had a wonderful Christmas. Ours was lovely. Friday we made our way to Pierre to visit Justin's parents. I was nervous that the roads were going to be crappy, but they weren't bad at all. Nathan loves to go to Pierre because not only does he get to visit his grandparents, he knows that he'll get to feed the geese at the Capital as well. Saturday afternoon we made our way to the Capital and fed the geese - the highlight of Nathan's day no less. Forward to Saturday night - before bed, Nathan asked me to make him a peanut butter and jelly fold-over. After eating all but the crust he wanted to go upstairs (to where the kitchen is - and the garbage). I figured he wanted to throw the crust away, but he wouldn't tell me why he wanted to go upstairs. Finally he said he didn't want the crust and wanted to throw it away. I told him that would be fine. Forward to Sunday morning - I woke up and went to the kitchen where my mother-in-law was busy getting things ready for the day. She told me to look out on the deck. What I found was the picture above. Why on earth did Nathan put his sandwich out on the deck, I wondered? Finally Natey woke up and came to the kitchen. I pointed out to the deck and asked him why he put his crust out there. Come to find out, he put it out there in hopes that some geese would eat it. (giggle) He was sure that some of it was gone and that some lucky goose ate some of it. I thought that was very cute and had to take a picture of it.

Claire seemed to enjoy Christmas. Justin put this Santa hat on her which I thought was adorable. Who could say no to that smile? Santa got her a Dora doll which I was sure would be a hit, however, she could have cared less. Justin had to wake her up to open her Santa gifts (because Natey woke up before she did) which didn't help anything. She also got a Elmo/Cookie Monster vacuum that I was sure would be a hit - no such luck. She played with them more as the day went on, but they weren't the hits I'd expected.

Nathan is the proud new owner of a Dallas Cowboy's bike. I expected a better reaction from him as well, but didn't really get it. Come on children! Help your mother out! Anyway, he rode his bike around the kitchen table for hours and I'm not kidding when I say hours. He would ride for a bit then take a break. He told me that his bike has made his bottom sore. I told him that his bottom has to get used to being on the seat and then it won't bother him as much. He told me over and over today that riding his bike has been great exercise for him. I wonder if I should get my bike out and ride it around the table behind him? :)

Justin let Nathan choose something to buy me for Christmas. He picked it out all by himself. While Justin was telling me this, Natey went and got me a very pretty gift bag. Justin wanted me to know that Natey picked it all by himself. I was sure I was going to bawl when I opened the bag and here I sat in front of a room full of people. Are you interested in knowing what it was? He picked it out all by himself people. How adorable and sweet is that? Here it is!
There it is! It's all mine! He promised to ask me when he wants to play with it. He said that we could even play NASCAR together. How cute is that? It's cute!

Anywho - that's about all for today. I'm so tired I can't see straight. Jack will be up in an hour or so to eat, so I'm going to take a 'nap' before that happens. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too Cute! Merry Christmas Ker!

Anonymous said...

Santa and our Aunt Lisa must shop at the same place. Izzie got an Elmo/Cookie Monster vac as well....which, by the way, scares the hell out of her :o).

Kerrie said...

Well could the damn thing be any louder for crying out loud?????

Anonymous said...

You do know that there is an on/off on the bottom...right? :o)

Kerrie said...

Yeah, I know. Haven't you noticed that all toys are loud though? I'm wondering, do they think todays children are deaf?

Just Mom said...

Kerrie -- I love that gift you got from your son. That is too cute.

Anonymous said...

I have noticed that the toys are louder, however I don't think they think kids are deaf.....I think they just hate parents :)

Kerrie said...

Ah, good observation Shan. That's probably true.
-------------------------
Thank's Aisha. I thought it was so adorable!