Thursday, December 14, 2006

He'll have what their having

In my title, 'he' refers to Jack while 'they' are Nathan and Claire. What are they having you might ask? Some sort of bug (sickness). Nathan and Claire have been battling this bug for a week or so. They seem to get better and then start to cough again or their noses start to run like a faucet. Jack started to get stuffy a couple of days ago. He doesn't cough, although I can't say that I've ever heard a newborn with a cough....

Anyway, last night I was beat so I went to bed just before 9 and was for sure sleeping by 9. Justin woke me up to feed Jack at 1:30am. Claire had been thrashing around in her crib, so after getting Jack fed I went up to check on her. I asked Justin if he'd given her any medication which he hadn't. So I went and did that in hopes that she'd settle down and get some sleep. No such luck. She was coughing so hard I was afraid she was going to throw up. I went to check on her and decided to bring her downstairs to drink some water. She coughed non stop for quite some time. I brought her down at 3:45am and took her back to bed at about 5:30am. I figured it would be just my luck (and about that time) that Jack would wake up and need to eat. I was defiantly getting tired at 5:30. Sure as heck, Jack woke up at 6 to eat. So I fed him and got him back to sleep. I finally went to sleep at about 7. I woke up at about 9:30 and asked Natey where Justin was. He said, "He's at work. He had court today." I felt as if I were having a conversation with an adult. It struck me a bit funny because it was so odd. Anywho, sick kids aren't much fun and that 's my point.

I've been waiting for my check from AFLAC to come. Today something came from them in the mail and I was so excited.....until I opened it. It said that my doctor needed to fill out what they are supposed to fill out for my claim to be processed. Well, my doctors office told me that it was filled out and faxed to AFLAC on November 22. So I called AFLAC to see what the deal was. They told me that they could track incoming faxes and wanted to know if I knew the fax number that it came from - 'Um, yeah, I have it here in my rolodex' - NO I don't know that number. Are you kidding me? So I had to call the clinic to see what the number was and then call AFLAC back. COME ON! Anyway, they never got the fax on the 22nd, so they faxed a new form to the office for me and I'm supposed to call tomorrow to make sure they got it this time. I guess in the grand scheme of things it's not a huge deal, but someone obviously was goofed up.

I have to go help Nathan write some 3's. TTFN!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should have sent Vanessa your way in the middle of the night. She woke up about 245 and was WIDE awake. A little after 4, I told Mart it was his turn as I needed some shut eye.

Anonymous said...

Justin woke YOU up to feed the baby?! Who cares if he needs to be coherent for court. Most of that stuff is dismissed anyway (sorry Jennie). HE should get up and feed the baby.

I know it's hard, but keep track of Nathan and Claire's colds. Alex had a cold once that turned in to a sinus infection. The way I knew something was wrong is that he started drooling a lot (can't breath with his mouth closed). A drooling three-year-old is pretty unusual. He started sleeping through the night after that.

Anonymous said...

Yeah sick kids are the pits. Alexandra has been dealing with a cold/cough since the Sunday after Thanksgiving! I finally brought her to the doctor yesterday and found out she has her first ear infection, in both ears! With no symptoms like ear pulling or fever how was I to know?!?! I should get the Mom of the Year award for this one! Ugh!