Sunday, December 17, 2006

I'm in a rut

I feel like I make the same things week after week for supper - probably because I do. I try new things often, but then go right back to making the same things. I don't know if it bothers the rest of my family as much as it bothers me, but I know for sure it drives me nuts. If you're reading this and willing to post - post your favorite meal time recipe.

Justin is gone hunting and all 3 kids are sleeping right now. How peaceful! The only thing I hear are my fingers on the keys with Keith Urban singing in the background. Wow! I'm tired, but Jack is stirring so I know it won't be long before he's awake.Nathan fights naps tooth and nail. I told him he could have quiet time on the couch today and this is the outcome. He got up at 6:30 this morning so I'm not too surprised that he gave in to the sandman. I put Peach down late, so hopefully they'll both have good naps.

Look at this picture of the kids. Claire doesn't have the balance to stay on Nathan by herself, but I was able to get the picture. When I saw them, Claire was trying to ride Nathan's legs - which obviously wasn't working out very well. Didn't stop them from laughing and carrying on, that's for sure.
Claire has a new love. Her name is......well, check it out for yourself.
Her name is Dora the Explorer. The best way to watch Dora is no less than a foot away from the TV. In this picture she was trying to get Dora to the Gooey Geyser I think. I like to turn it in and wait for Claire to notice that Dora is on. It's so cute! I believe she'll be getting a few Dora items for Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas, I'm going to Sioux Falls (or plan to) on Thursday to finish up my shopping. I can't find anything in Madison for Claire, so I really need the weather to hold up so I can get that done.

I guess I better go get some laundry done since Jack has gotten himself back to sleep. Have a great week!

6 comments:

Just Mom said...

I'm in a rut too. The only things Alex seems to really like eating is spaghetti, pancakes and oatmeal. I try other things, like pot roast, meatloaf and various chicken dishes, but he just picks at the food. I'm hoping he'll do better once he tastes my mom's cooking. I'm not a bad cook, I just don't think Alex is in to foods that are too complicated.

Anyway, I'll try to come up with a meal time recipe for you and post it on your web site.

Anonymous said...

Yes! I totally agree with you Kerrie! I am SO sick of cooking the same things all the time! I always ask John if he gets bored with what I make and he says "no" so I guess that's good.
Here is a quick and easy meal that I make on days when I don't feel like cooking!

Chicken Quesadillas
2-3 Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts (depending on how many quesadillas you want to make)
Flour Tortillas
Shredded Cheese (Monterey Jack/Cheddar Combo works well)
Pam Spray
___________________________________

Cut the Chicken into very small cube pieces
In a frying pan, brown the chicken until the inside is cooked (you can also lightly sprinkle sesame seeds or garlic salt on the chicken for added flavor)
Spray a frying pan with Pam and get the surface warm
Put a tortilla in the warm pan and sprinkle shredded cheese and some chicken cubes onto it and then a little more cheese onto the chicken(be sure to sprinkle enough cheese around the edges so the tortillas stick together)
Put another tortilla on top
Brown each side and cut into 4th's with a pizza cutter
Enjoy!
___________________________________
The longest part of this meal is cutting the chicken. Other than that, it takes me like 5 minutes and they taste SO good! You can also use steak if you want.
Merry Christmas!

Kari said...

Okay Kerrie here is one of my favorites it's easy and delicious!

Country Chicken Pot-Pie:

2 cans chicken breast meat
2 packages white sauce mix (or alfredo mix) prepared as directed on package
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
1 bag of croutons

Open and drain cans of chicken spread in a greased 9x13 pan. Then add the frozen mixed vegetables. Pour the sauce mix over the chicken and vegetables. Spread the croutons on top. Cover and bake 45-60 minutes at 350 degrees. Uncover the last 5 minutes or so to brown the tops of the croutons. Enjoy!

Tracy said...

I have a GREAT way to cook a pizza...oh wait...I am no good at that! Sorry babe! :)

Kerrie said...

Those sound great! Thanks guys!

Amber said...

KErrie,
I have a super easy goulash recipe that my kids love and Corey and I acutally like it too...
I'll e-mail it to you sometime!