Friday, December 15, 2006

She's a monster!

Poor Claire is having a hard time adjusting to Jack - or at least that's my guess as to what's going on. She was always so mild mannered until the last couple of weeks. As I've said, her new favorite word is no and she's started hitting, pushing, and kicking. I'm not sure how to make her stop either - which is also a problem. I'm considering trying a time out of sorts, but I think she's too young to understand. I've swatted her butt and that seems to get her attention, but it doesn't make her not do it anymore. I mean, it makes her stop at the time, but she'll do it again soon after being told not to. I never had this with Nathan so I'm not real sure what to do about this.

Do you watch 'The View'? I didn't until Rosie O'Donnell joined as host this season. I used to lover her old talk show - hardly ever missed it. Now I tivo The View and usually only watch their Hot Topics segment. Rosie is very opinionated, but I really like her. I get sick of hearing them talk politics because I have little interest in the subject, but the 4 of them together entertain me. Today they were talking about toddlers having tantrums which is what made me think of The View.

Rosie has a blog that I go to every once in a while. She allows people to ask her questions and then she answers them and allows you to read the answers. Some people are SO mean to her. I would probably cry if people said such mean things about me. I don't know why people think it's ok to leave such nasty comments on her blog. People tell her how much she sucks on The View and are mean to her because she's gay - so on and so forth. I don't get it! If you don't like the show, turn to channel! As for her being gay - I could care less. Why should I care? I don't have a problem with gay people at all. I had a cousin (my mom's cousin actually) who was gay, had AIDS, and died. He died when I was a freshman in high school. I really liked him and was very sad when he died. It's not the life for me, but who am I to judge him, right? We're not supposed to judge people, correct? Who are we kidding though? I judge people all the time. I might not do it on purpose, but it's hard not to. Anyway, I feel bad that people are so mean to her when they have a choice to not pay attention to her. I don't get it I guess.

Changing the subject - you all remember the game Frogger, right? Well I found this today and am now addicted to it.
http://www.froggyville.com/frogger.htm
It reminds me of my roller skating days. Every Friday night I'd go skating from about the 5th grade until I moved to South Dakota which was the summer before I was in the 8th grade. I LOVED it. I was good at it for one thing, skating - not frogger (although I was pretty good at that too), but it was a fun and safe place to be. We would skate from 7 until 10 and then do the 'late skate' until midnight. There weren't many people that stayed for the late skate, but most of my friends did - so it was always like a private party just for us. The memories are coming flooding back. Loved it!

6 comments:

Tracy said...

I love Rosie too and you and I have had conversations about her! Absolutely HAVE to agree with you! GO ROSIE! LOVED skating when I was young too! I would totally go again if I could find a place to go! HA!

Just Mom said...

You're not gonna like this, but I've never been a big Rosie fan. I just don't think she's very funny. As far as daytime talk show hosts/actresses, my all-time favorite is Ellen DeGeneres. She just cracks me up every time.

As far as the word "No," that's a favorite of Alex's too. He likes to add "Go away!" usually after he says "No!" He gets a time-out. Doesn't seem to work (and he's almost 4). I've taken up drinking heavily ;-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm not too big of a Rosie fan either. I used to like her show but since on The View, she has said some stuff that was a bit offensive to my beliefs...so like you said, I just don't watch the show anymore.
With Claire's behaviors, I was just reading something on babycenter about kids this age and how some of their "naughty" behaviors are totally normal. They might be feeling something and it just comes out as hitting, whining, etc. Alexandra is kind of doing the same thing, like when I tell her no she sometimes tries to lightly hit my face because it's her only way of showing me she doesn't like my decision. Instead of getting mad at her, I avoid the hit and go for her hand with my mouth to kiss her fingers! She immediately forgets that she is mad and usually starts laughing because mommy is trying to eat her hand.
Claire is probably just a little jealous of sweet baby Jack and doesn't know how to tell you. :)

the boedecker family said...

Kari I babysit for my 2 yr old nephew who got a baby brother 6 mos ago and he is displaying the same behaviors...we r thinking that this is from that..havent figured out how to stop it either...hopefully it gets better for you!! Time out does seem to help best!! Not sure if that helps you but its just a thought.

Anonymous said...

Rosie is terrible on the view. She is the equivolent of Roseanne Bar. Infact, maybe they are sisters.

Anyway, prediction: the View (Barbara) will replace Rosie within a year, or the show will be replaced within the year.

I for one have chosen to turn the channel. To bad, I used to like it too.

Kerrie said...

I LOVE Ellen, Aisha. She cracks me up! I love it when she dances. She's very funny.