Sunday, December 03, 2006

Time - is there ever enough of it?

Time goes so quickly these days. Do you remember when you were little and time would drag by? Summer break from school lasted an eternity. Once Christmas came, it seemed to take forever until it was Christmas again. I'm sure you'd agree that the older you get the faster time goes. Then once you have children you hit warp speed. It's amazing. I can't believe that Tuesday marks a month that I've been off work. Monday marks a month left. Where does the time go?

The kids are doing well. Today Natey had his Christmas program at school. They sang 3 songs and were done. It takes more time to wait on them to set up than it does for them to sing their songs. I went WAY early so that we'd get a place to sit. He did very well.

Claire is doing well too. She stayed home with Jack and Justin and took a nap. It was very cold and we decided it was best just to keep Jack home. Claire LOVES to 'hold' Jack. She usually wants to do it while I'm feeding him. This weekend Justin's sister's family was here, so I'd obviously cover Jack and I up while I nursed him. Well, Claire would try to pull the blanket off almost every time I'd try to feed him. She'd say "Where's Jack" or "Hi Jack" and try to pull the blanket. YIKES!

I took this picture of Jack the other day. I think he looks so much like Nathan when he was a baby - just with a smaller head and dark hair. As you can see he's still quite yellow. I took him to the doctor on Thursday and they tested his bili again. He was at 10.5, so he's still ok. The whites of his eyes were still very yellow, so I wanted to make sure that he hadn't gone up.

Here is a picture of Nathan when he was close to Jack's age. Can you see the resemblance? I can.While I was in Sioux Falls, I did some running around. Tracy and I usually try to check with each other to see if the other needs something while the other is in Sioux Falls. Tracy wanted me to look for something for her at Once Upon a Child while I was running around. While I was there I looked at tandem strollers. I decided that getting one was a must after my experience at the court house with all 3 kids. I found one and bought it for $50. YEA ME! I also found what Tracy was looking for. GO TEAM! :)

I went to one of the supply stores to get some shampoo for the kids. Amber - I also bought some shampoo and conditioner that smells like Pumpkin Pie - YUM! It's not the most conditioning stuff I've ever used, but I love the smell of it. Anyway, I was writing out my check and the girl that was helping me said "OH - we've been waiting for you to come back." I would have loved to see the panic stricken look that must have come over my face. Waiting for me? Why were they waiting for me? I gave her my check which has a picture of me and Keith Urban on it. She said "We're wondering - is this your husband who happens to look like Keith Urban or is it actually Keith Urban?" I said "It's actually my boy friend who IS Keith Urban." Another girl walked by that was working and the one that was helping me waved my check in the air saying "She's finally back!" The other worker was so excited and asked the same question. I'm glad to know that it was only that and not something else.

My last stop was Wal-mart. I needed only a few things, but I always try to make that my last stop in case I get frozen items - which I did. When I pulled up I saw a fire engine arriving about the same time. Now you'd think people would come flooding out of the store, right? Wrong I guess. I kept wondering how great of an idea it was to take my baby into a place where firemen were coming and going from. I went into the food side and could see (and smell) that the fire had been at McDonald's. I was in a hurry, so I grabbed a cart and was on my way. It wasn't long before the fire alarm went off. It went off for a good minute or so before a man came over the loud speaker saying that he was sorry about the 'malfunction'. Uh, sir, the malfunction seemed to have taken place in McDonald's.....and I call that a fire.

Well, that's all for now. Justin just announced that Jack is hungry, so I better run. TTFN!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was looking at your blog when Raena was on my lap and she kept on saying, "Hi Baby!" then she would kiss Jack and Natey. Super funny....
Raena is such a "baby girl"!

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for what seems like forever for you to update your blog. I know it's hard to do with a new baby so I'm patient but I enjoy reading your blog so much!

Jack & Natey look so much a like. When he was born, I thought he looked a little more like Claire but now he's definately looking more Nateyish.

LOVE the Keith story - TOO FUNNY!

I'm going to SF on Thursday if either you or Trac need something, let me know.

Anonymous said...

It's so interesting how much and quickly babies change. I can see the similarity between Jack and Nathan. When you were here, I thought he looked like one of Claire's pictures. :)

Kari said...

How long do you plan to nurse? I was just wondering because I make nursing blankets. So, if you are going to nurse for a while yet, I'll try to get one to you.

Your kids are so precious. I love reading your blog and getting to know you and your family.

Kerrie said...

Hi Kari - I plan to nurse Jack for the first year if at all possible. It's up to you if you'd like to make the blanket. Thanks for thinking of me. That's very kind of you to offer.

Anonymous said...

Your a celeb!! Did you give them an autograph?!

ha ha, Thats great!