Tuesday, December 05, 2006

*HO*HO*HO*

Tracy and I took the kids to see Santa today. We had a really good time. Claire, of coarse, had a meltdown, but other than that it was great. Dawson was VERY leary about seeing Santa. Tracy thought she'd coax him by telling him that Natey was going to talk to Santa. Dawson thought this was great! He thought for sure his best buddy would tell Santa what he wanted so that he didn't have to. Isn't that funny? I got a good laugh out of that one. Trac and I went and sold some stuff at Once Upon a Child and Tracy said that Dawson still didn't understand why we couldn't just tell Santa what he wanted. LOL!

We got to the mall and I expected a HUGE line. That's what I got 2 years ago when I took Nathan. It was just the opposite. There wasn't a line at all - AT ALL PEOPLE! Dawson was a bit freaked out and wanted Nathan to go first - so we did. Nathan was amazed because Santa knew that he was 4. Santa wasn't sure if Claire was 1 or 2, but the fact that he was even close made Nathan's day. Here are some pictures of our adventure.




As you can tell, Dawson finally took the plunge and talked to Santa. He did very well and we were all happy with him. He was also happy with himself. He started to act goofy and Santa looked at Tracy and said "He has a lot of energy, doesn't he?" It was kinda funny. Both boys were FULL of energy after talking to Santa. They were skipping, running, and hopping around the mall having a good old time.

Aren't those pictures great? Isn't it nice that you can watch Claire's meltdown? :) Tracy was the one that actually took the pictures. You did a great job Trac!

Last week at school Nathan wrote out his Christmas list. It had 2 things on there: a bike and some puzzles. He'd never said anything about a bike before that list was made out. I figured that someone at school must also want a bike, but he says no. Today he asked Santa for a blue bike. Justin and I are going to have to discuss this and see if that's what we should get him or not. It wasn't in the plan, but it might have to be now. Fantastic! (sigh)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pictures! Julie & I are taking the girls next Friday. I'll post our pictures.

Anonymous said...

The pictures are GREAT! I love the mall Santa, he's the best!
PS I made Pumpkin pudding last night. Have you had it before? It's awesome!

Tracy said...

We had a BLAST during our visit to see Santa!! I will really miss those last minute get-togethers when you have to go back to work. How about you don't?!? Ha!

P.S. There is pumpkin spice cappuccino at MDL if you are interested! :)

Anonymous said...

The pictures are adorable. Nathan and Dawson both talked in school today about their trip to see Santa. They thought it was funny that Caymen pulled on Santa's beard.
Susan P.

Kerrie said...

Natey told me that he forgot to tell you that he saw Santa, Suzie! I'm glad he remembered. He couldn't get there fast enough to tell you. :)

Trac, I saw that pumpkin spice cappuccino. I might just have to try it. I'll get you some while I'm at it. (giggle) Ok, I won't - I promise!

Anonymous said...

Cute pics! You are some brave Ladies.

Tracy said...

I will have to pass on the cappuccino...icky! But thanks for always thinking of me...as always, much appreciated! HA!

Anonymous said...

Darling pix - Claire reminded me of how I looked when my mom held me up to see the results of the famous 'marathon haircut' - the difference is (of course) that Claire has hair which I was definitely lacking at that point!