Sunday, July 15, 2007

The 12 car

Yesterday, one of the officers told me that a NEXTEL race car was down at the Alltel store. I was so excited. I really enjoy NASCAR more than I feel like I should. It's one of the fastest growing sports and it's ok to enjoy. (I was just talking to myself.) Somehow I still feel that I have too many teeth to enjoy the sport as much as I do.

When I got off work at 4, I drove by to see if the car was still there. I was giddy. Now, for those of you who don't know, the diver of the Alltel car is Ryan Newman (pictured above). Nathan knows many of the drivers - at least their car number and names. When I saw that the car was still in town, I called the house. Nathan answered. I said "Natey, get my camera and come outside. You don't need your shoes. Tell Daddy that you're coming with me." Of coarse he wanted to know what was going on, but I wanted him to hurry up so we didn't miss the car. I asked him to hang up the phone and come out with my camera.

I turned the corner and saw Nathan coming out of the house. He was taking his sweet time getting in the van. Poor kid - I was acting as if the world was going to fall off it's axis if he didn't hurry. He got buckled up and I told him what was up. He was super excited. It wasn't until we got out of the van that I noticed his shirt. Go ahead, look.

It was all of 85 degrees out and he has on a long sleeve shirt. I asked him why he was wearing that shirt and he said 'because I want to'. Good enough. Natey wanted me to get a picture of the hauler. It was pretty cool.
I enjoyed the truck myself. It was a big awesome looking dodge.
We even got to watch them start it up and drive it. Believe me when I say it was a big deal.

4 comments:

Momma Roar said...

"Somehow I still feel that I have too many teeth to enjoy the sport as much as I do."

Tears are streaming out of my eyes!

That would have been really cool to see. I live so close to Dover, but still have never been to a race. I'm also close to the Pocono speedway, but haven't gotten their either. I wonder what T would do if I posted a picture of Kasey on my sidebar? Or worse, what would Ginger assume? ;)

Tracy said...

Looking good Natey...long sleeve shirt and all!

I cannot believe Leigh Ann...you leave so close to a race track and have never been!??! I think Kerrie and I might have to come for a visit!!

A mom said...

Race Cars!!!

Lori said...

Derek and Al went to this too.