Thursday, July 19, 2007

No more Shawn?

What the heck happened? My favorite weather man is no longer on KELO. I want to know the back story. I sure hope it was his decision and that he wasn't canned. I know Shawn is a bit of a corn flake, but I'd much rather get my weather from him than someone who's doing weather because there was nothing open in sports. I enjoy him and I'm sad to know that he's no longer around.

Speaking of weather, yesterday I got caught in one heck of a thunderstorm. I decided to run to Brookings to get some groceries. Jack only had a half a can of formula left. It's $18 something in Brookings and $23 something in Sioux Falls. Of coarse you can get it here - for the lucky price of $26. We needed a few other things, so I loaded up the kids and headed to Brookings.

It was sprinkling when I left town, but nothing major. You could see that it was very dark to the North. I filled up with gas and we were on our way. I don't think that Nathan has ever ridden through a thunderstorm before. I myself forgot how loud it was. Claire was scared. She HATES the car wash and I think the storm reminded her of the car wash.

The storm was pretty strong. I had to slow down to about 25 to 30 mph a few times. I even decided to pull over for a couple of minutes. I know the corn needed a drink, but the wind was blowing so hard the corn was almost laying down. Eeek!

After getting back on the road, it wasn't long before my windshield wipers collided with each other. DOH! I pulled over quickly, got out in the pouring rain and tried to pry my wipers from each other. I got them apart, got back in the van, turned on the switch and BAM - they were tangled again. Crap! I got out again and got them unstuck. I was drenched! I called Justin and he came to help me. Good thing I put my hair in a ponytail before we left the house. I would have been a complete mess.

Justin got my wipers fixed and I was on my way. I love weather, but you guys, that just wasn't fun!

13 comments:

Jamie said...

I hear ya on the rain yesterday. Holy Moly!!!

Oh man, I really liked Shawn. When did he leave? I haven't watched the morning news in a couple of day! :(

Jennie Thompson said...

Did somebody mention Corn Flakes? I have a total craving now - thanks!

Jamey said...

I loved Shawn Cable!! I look foward to coming home and watching the news just to see him. He is a corn flake but I think that's why I liked him! Now what will I do about the SD weather while I am there??? Bummer.

I hope you don't mind that I read your blog!!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

i had some college class with shawn cable.

send kelo an email and ask...

we watched the thunderstorm from our garage. we opened the door up and all of us sat out there and just marveled at how amazing it was. sorry you weren't so fortunate. i LOVE a good thunderstorm.

Just Mom said...

There was a thunderstorm yesterday? ;-D We kept all our window shades up and watched the storm while doing a little celebratory dance.

I read in the SF paper about Shawn Cable leaving before his contract expired. I liked him too.

Anonymous said...

I guess I haven't watched tv much lately, I didn't know he was gone. I really liked him :)
It really rained hard but we needed it so bad. I guess we have to take it anyway we can now, at least we missed the hail (that is good).
Susan

the boedecker family said...

That is too bad!! We needed that rain but not when u were going to Brooking with your kids...

A mom said...

Shawn is gone? Did this just happen? I swear I saw him on a day or so ago. This is disturbing and now I need to get to the bottom of it.

I love a good storm. I don't love driving in one. Glad you all made it out alive!!

Anonymous said...

I was hoping Shawn was just on vacation. Is he really gone? He is my fav, too. I have never met him in person, but I have met Jay and the other one in person at a friends' party and didn't even like them personally. Let me know if you here the whole story.
Heather

Amanda said...

Wowza - I never watched this Shawn guy on television but what a looker! I may have tuned in more if I knew weather men looked like that!

Jennifer said...

This reminds me... I believe I have a picture of Jennie Thompson at the Chevy with Shawn Cable... I will have to look for that this weekend. :) Jen O (C now)

Kerrie said...

Hi Jen! Yes, you will have to see if you can find that picture!!

Kristie said...

Hope you don't mind I just started reading your blog ...my cousin is friends with Shawn and cuts his hair as well I will give her a call and see if I can get to the bottom of this....