Thursday, July 05, 2007

Claire

Justin is at the doctor with Claire as we speak. This is what she looked like this morning when she woke up. I plan to post our 4th of July pictures today, so maybe I can update you on her at that time as well.
We hope that it's only a bug bite, but since she was around so much food yesterday, they wanted to make sure some kind of bacteria didn't make it's way to her eye. I'll post it when I hear back from Justin.
**UPDATE**
Justin just called. It is some sort of bug bite. Dr. Henry said to give her some Benadryl and if it isn't better by tomorrow afternoon then he'll need to give her a steroid.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsey woke up one morning with one eye totally shut when she was five years old. She looked like she had a golf ball stuck under her eye. We found out she had been bitten by a mosquito. She had a horrible reaction! Thankfully she needed tons of benadril and time. She looked goofy for awhile, but she was fine. She still react to all bites.

I'm praying right now for total restoration to Claires little body in the name of Jesus. Whatever is causing this is a tresspasser in her little body! Please keep us posted!

(I popped over to tell you that I love your new profile pic, glad I did to get your news)

Tracy said...

HOLY CAT SMOKES!!!!

Amber said...

Oh poor little Claire. Even when she's not feeling well, she can give us all a smile.
What a little sweetheart!

Dawn said...

That is one heck of a bug. Poor thing, it looks like it is painful. Hopefully the benadryl will do the trick.

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes! She looks like she was in a cat fight. I'd hate to see the other toddler. ;-)

Jamie said...

WOW!! I bet that is a gnat bite! Marissa looked like that two summers ago when she got bit above the eye by a gnat!! Poor thing. The benedryl will work well on that!!

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness - poor Claire. Alex use to have the same reactions.