Thursday, July 12, 2007

Evaluation

Yesterday was the starting process in having Jack evaluated. All that happened yesterday was that the lady came over and asked some questions. He's behind - according to their evaluation, so now they'll send in someone that does speech and physical therapy to take a look at him. After they meet with us and evaluate Jack, we'll have a group meeting and figure out where to go from there. They'll tell me that he either does or does not meet the criteria to be in the program. I find it hard to believe that he won't meet the criteria though.

When Claire was evaluated by the program, she was just on the edge of not needing their services. We decided that we'd wait for a couple weeks to see how she progressed and then we'd go from there. I'm glad we waited. She took off and hasn't looked back. Jack, on the other hand, is making progress, but I'm not sure by leaps and bounds. I don't know - we'll see. Maybe it will be like Claire. Maybe he'll be on the edge of needing services. Who knows I guess? I'll keep you informed though.

Did you see the new picture of Jack that I posted on my sidebar? I thought it was adorable! He's such a happy baby (most of the time). I cut the back part of his mohawk the other day. I'm not sure which looks crazier. I've cut the back of it twice now. It sticks straight up and looks nuts. I sure hope it doesn't do that when the rest of his hair finally comes in. Goodness!

Anyway - that's all for today. Thanks for checking in and asking about him.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!!

I've been checking almost every hour, eagerly awaiting your update. I'm sure it will all turn out just fine.

Lori said...

Thinking of and praying for you. I hope everything turns out ok for Jack.

Jamie said...

I think it is a great idea to have him evaluated. What is it going to hurt and will only help Jack in long run! I bet he just being a stinker and following in big sister's foorsteps! :)

I love the picture of Jack! So cute and a nice big smile! :)

Anonymous said...

He's so sweet. Keep plugging along and we will all keep praying for him :)

Momma Roar said...

I love the new picture of Jack - but I have to say I still get a huge chuckle at Claire's - I can see Elle totally doing that same thing!
Please keep us posted!
Oh, I tried Colin sitting up on the couch and he stayed there a while too!

A mom said...

So if he meets the criteria, what do they do for you guys?

Kerrie said...

Miah - if he meets the critera, then he'll have therapy each week until he's back on track.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

thanks for the update kerrie. i have been thinking about jack much lately.

Amber said...

I've been thinking about baby Jack and your family a ton lately.

Amanda said...

Thanks for the update Kerrie!

Love that picture on your sidebar of little Jack - he has the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen!!