Monday, July 23, 2007

I know - I know!

So, I haven't quite figured out my new camera. I love it, but it's much more advanced than my other point and shoot. Right away when I got to work this morning I did my video blog. I was so proud of myself - until - I went to upload it to youtube and it was too large of a file. Stink! So I read through the manual - tried MANY things - until.....my batteries died. I know - I know!

So I'll just type what I had to say.
First of all - look ----------------------------------->

only 5 more days until "The Reunion". I was talking to my sister the other day and she asked me about the reunion. I didn't have a clue what she was talking about. I thought I was being shunned by the family - not getting an invite to the reunion and all. Not at all - she was talking about the Kerrie/Keith reunion. HA!(I totally cut my sister out of the picture - sorry Shan...well, I'm sorta sorry - Ok, I'm not really. Amen. See - all better!) (giggle) Even though I don't get to talk to him this time - I'm still jacked to the moon! I still haven't told Nathan. I'm not sure when is the best time to do that. Maybe when I get back? Eeek!

I'm so excited for the concert. I have Keith blaring right now. I went to his website and watched some footage from some of his concerts. Oh the joy that brings me! CAN - NOT - WAIT!

So, we were given a swing set by some friends of ours. The kids couldn't have been more excited. I'm sure Nathan would have slept on it had we let him. They love it! However, in less than 24 hours, we had our first tragedy. Nathan and Claire were outside playing on it while I was inside making supper and Justin was feeding Jack. All of a sudden I heard some commotion and Claire was flat on her back screaming. I RAN outside and picked her up. When I picked her up, I noticed what I thought might have been dirt on her mouth. She put her head on my shoulder, still screaming, and Nathan said "Mom! She's bleeding!" I figured it wasn't dirt that I'd seen but blood. She must have bitten her tongue - so I thought. "MOM - it's coming from her nose. She's bleeding all over your shirt!" Nathan said with urgency. I looked at her and sure as heck blood was gushing from her nose. I about died. I took her inside and Justin let out a "WOAH!!" as we passed him. I sat her on the table and held tissues to her nose. She was still crying and screaming. She had this dent in her nose and I was sure she broke it. Neither of us knew if we should take her in, so I called ask-a-nurse. You'd think that I thought it was my private number because I use it so much, but that's what it's there for, right?

They told me that she didn't need to be seen right away because the doctor wouldn't be able to see through the swelling - even on an x-ray. She said that if her nose is crooked and the swelling is gone by Friday then to take her in. I had to hand her off to Justin so that I could go finish what I was doing in the kitchen. I didn't want us to have to end up eating at McDonald's. Anyway, Justin held her and put ice on her nose while I gave her some Motrin for the pain. Poor girl! Nathan wanted to know if she was ready to go back outside. I told him that I thought she was probably done for the day. ;) So we'll keep an eye on her through the week.

Natey starts swimming lessons tomorrow. He told me again last night that he was a little nervous about it. I assured him that it will be ok. I'm sure he'll be fine once he gets there.

School starts one month from today! I'm just not ready for it. It wouldn't matter if it were 5 months from now - I still wouldn't be ready for it. I guess I don't have any other choice though. :(

I put together a slide show since you didn't get a video blog. I know - I know. ;)




Cool Slideshows!

9 comments:

Jennie Thompson said...

Poor Claire! So did you ever figure out what exactly happened?

Tracy said...

Claire's hair is getting so long!! Cute pictures! Your camera does a wonderful job!!

We're excited to see the kids again today!!

Jamie said...

:( Poor Claire! I hope she is doing bette!! Poor girl!

Anonymous said...

Who's the guy playing games with your kids? Does Keith know about him?
Poor Claire, she's had enough for this summer. She's still beautiful even with her sore nose.
By the way, I loved the slide show :)

Tracy said...

P.S. WHOSE BOOBS ARE THOSE IN THAT PICTURE WITH KEITH? Just wonderin'

Just Mom said...

I had Ask-A-Nurse on speed dial when Alex was little. Poor guy used to get hurt a lot. He still does, but I don't freak out as much.

I hope Claire is doing better today.

Lori said...

Loved your slide show.

Sorry to hear that Clarie got hurt on the s better.

A mom said...

Run Keith! Run!

Looks like your camera is doing a good job. You took some awesome pictures.

Anonymous said...

Poor Claire! I hope she's better. I love the pictures!!!