Friday, July 20, 2007

The phone call

The kids daycare provider is out of town which means my kids are at Tracy's today. This is a huge treat for them. Nathan was beside himself with joy and Claire was ready to go last night.

I received a text from Tracy asking me to call her. I was nervous, as any mother would be. I called Tracy and this was the conversation.

Me: Hi. What's up?
Tracy: (obviously trying to be discrete) I just caught Natey peeing outside.
Me: What????

Tracy: Yeah, I caught him peeing outside and now he has to sit inside on the couch (for a time out).
Me: Bwahhahahahahahahaha

The best part is that he went by her retaining wall, but stood facing the busy road to the south of her. That's some funny stuff.

I called Justin to see if he lets Natey pee outside. I needed to find out what kind of punishment to enforce. I can't really punish him if his dad is letting him pee outside. Well, that's not the case. I told Justin about it and he busted out laughing. Here's the back story.


Once, we were driving to see Justin's parents when Nathan announced that he had to pee. We pulled over and let him pee outside. He's been hooked ever since. Any time we go anywhere, he has to pee - be it inside or out.

Anyway, I thought this story was funny and I've been telling everyone at work. I'm going to have to be serious when we get home so I need to get the school girl giggles out of my system before hand.

Have a good weekend!

8 comments:

Tracy said...

Ha ha!! I was wondering WHY you were laughing at me!! I think I scared the crap out of Natey catching him do it.

Julie said...

Oh...I'm rolling! I can just see him all innocent!

Jamie said...

Oh my, that is funny!! Those darn boys just think that they can pee anywhere!!

Jennie Thompson said...

My cousin Dawn's son did that at the Flandreau Park during our family reunion. It was funny. Boys will be boys....just be happy it wasn't Peach.

Amber said...

My boys won't stop peeing outside, somehow they always forget that they're not supposed to.

BTW- neat idea, a video blog, great story & have fun at the concert!

0:) Amber

Anonymous said...

That's pretty funny! I hope you weren't too hard on him. :-)

Lori said...

That is a funny story.

Just Mom said...

At least he was outside and not sitting on Tracy's living room couch. (Don't ask....)