Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Jack's Appointment

Just a quick update.

I took Jack to the doctor and he's actually a little more behind than I first though. Dr. Henry had only two real concerns: that he isn't able to sit up and that he isn't 'saying' (ba, da, ma, la) anything. The worst part is that Jack's kind of gone backwards. I hadn't really said anything to Justin about that because I didn't want him to think that I'm coo coo for coca puffs. I talked to Jack's daycare provider last night and she said "Do you....do you think that maybe.....that maybe he's kinda.....going backwards?" Oh thank GOD! I didn't have to say it myself - out loud! I said "Yes, didn't he used to be able to sit up better than he does now?" She said "Yes, and he used to be able to hold his head better." Oh thank goodness I wasn't the only one that noticed. Dr. Henry was quite concerned at this news. He said that he wanted me to contact the
Birth to 3 people right away and get him in the program.

Claire was evaluated by this program and just missed the mark of being eligible for their help. The director said she felt as thought she could pull some strings, if that was my wish, so that Claire could get some of the benefits. I didn't see it necessary. It wasn't long and Claire took off leaps and bounds from where she'd been.

I called the director today and she'll come over next Wednesday to start the evaluation process on Jack. I'm quite happy about it. Dr. Henry wants to see Jack in 2 months if there is little to no change or 3 months if there is change for the better. If he's not getting better, then Jack will need to see a Pediatric Neurologist. But for now, we'll just pray that with a little help our baby will catch up.

8 comments:

Just Mom said...

Praying for your little guy.

Anonymous said...

Wow...that's not the news I expected. I didn't think he seemed that far off from Maggie's baby. But I guess I only got to spend a short amount of time with both.

I hope everything works out!!

Amber said...

Thinking about you, Justin and little Jack!

Tracy said...

I am thinking of you guys...You are taking the right steps to help your little guy. LOVE YA!

Dawn said...

Thinking of all of you and praying for you all. You did the right thing by taking him to the dr now and getting control of the situation asap. I hope eveything starts taking off like it did for Claire.

the boedecker family said...

Good luck with Jack! I will pray for him! I started with that program with Jordon and it was really great!!

Jamie said...

Oh, I am sorry you guys are going thru this!! Poor little Jack! I will be praying for all of you! :)

A mom said...

I hope every thing is okay. I am a little confused by the birth to 3? I will have to quiz you when I see you.