Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I'm FREEZING!

It was freezing cold out today. When I went to pick Nathan up from school, the van said 18. While 18 degrees is cold, that wasn't WITH the windchill. I don't know what that temp. was, but I can tell you right now it was freezing cold. I had some running around to do, so I decided that I'd stop by work so that my friend (and boss) Julie could meet Jack. I took all 3 kids, which I found out the hard way, is a little more than one person should do. Taking Claire wasn't easy. She walks well, but still isn't steady on her feet if that makes since. She wouldn't go down the stairs, so I carried her AND Jack. Fun! Then we went to see our friend Linda on the 2nd floor (we were in the basement). We took the elevator. I wasn't about to do all those flights of stairs. I would have turned 33 in that stairwell had I done that. After visiting it was time to come home.

I'd seen that Dairy Queen was advertising a pumpkin pie blizzard and wanted to try one. Last night Claire needed more diapers so I thought I'd swing by DQ to get a pumpkin pie blizzard after going to Pamida for diapers. It was delicious! So, today after visiting I decided that I'd get a blizzard to put in the freezer to have after supper. Well, I just ate it and now I'm even colder. Nobody EVER pegged me as a smart person. :)

I have to go to the doctor tomorrow. I was supposed to have my 4 week check on Monday, but the area around my incision is infected. I had this after Claire was born too. It was actually a yeast infection ON my incision. I know - yuck. Well, this time it's much worse. I had some of the medication left from last year and it hasn't helped at all, so I called the doctor today and they want to see me tomorrow. I think I have some open sores (YUCK), so I'm not sure what they'll do for me. I'll give you the pleasant details tomorrow.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Good luck tomorrow and I hope they give you some good medicine! Give the kids hugs and kisses...

LOVE YA!

Anonymous said...

OH my gosh....PUMPKIN BLIZZARDS are so my weakness! I seriously wait all year for Nov. to come so DQ has then again. Anything to do with pumpkin I'm a fan of!

Anonymous said...

You poor thing. What are we going to do with you (and Tracy)? I hope you are both better soon. I hate people being sick and in pain. That's just not fun.

If you need anything..give a shout out!