Saturday, March 17, 2007

8PM Central

Yesterday I called home to talk to Justin quick. Nathan answered, as usual, and said "Mom, I've got something to tell you." I said, "Ok". He said "Do you know what comes on tonight at 8PM Central?" I laughed and told him that I didn't. He was so excited! He said "It's SCOOBY DOO 2!!!" I'm not sure why this was such a huge deal, but it was. He has the DVD so it's not like it couldn't be on at 5PM Central when we got home and settled for the night, but nonetheless....

The other day I heard Nathan talking to Claire. He said, "Peach, I think you're old enough to hear this. You're a pussycat." They both laugh and he told her again, "You're a pussycat". He heard it on Tom and Jerry. I asked why Peach needed to be 'old enough to hear it' and he said he didn't know. As it turns out, Jack is even old enough to hear it. He too is a pussycat.

Yesterday after I got off work, Justin called and said he would be late and wouldn't be home for supper. I told him I was going to go through McDonald's on our way home because I didn't want to try to make something we all could eat. Natey wanted to drive around for a bit while he 'decided' what he wanted. He needs to decide what he wants from McDonald's? Are you kidding me? Tracy and Linda both have taken the kids to McDonald's and could probably tell you what Natey's going to want: a cheeseburger Happy Meal with no pickles and chocolate milk. It hasn't changed in 3 years and I don't expect it to soon.

We went through the drive-thru on the way home from daycare and driving around (rolling eyes) and Natey said "Do you smell that? It's the sweet smell of a cheeseburger." HA! Where on earth did that come from? He's such a funny little guy.

Today is the Day O' the Irish. I'm not wearing green. Go ahead, pinch me - I can take it. I remember being in grade school and not wearing green on purpose to see if kids really would pinch me. They did and I bruise easy. Ha!

I'm ready for the weather to be nice and stay nice. I know that I'm asking for quite a bit here in the great state of South Dakota, but I really want it. If I will it - will it come? I'm ready to have the kids outside playing. I'm ready to take the kids to the park and play. I'm ready for Natey to ride in his Lightning McQueen car and watch Claire chase him up and down the sidewalk squealing with delight. I'm ready to load Claire and Jack in the stroller and go for a walk while Natey rides his bike along with us. I'm ready to have late suppers and late bed times because I was the one that wasn't ready to come inside. I'm ready for all those things.

6 comments:

Amber said...

I'm ready for my kids to be so tired from playing outside all day that their eyes are closed before they even hit the pillow!

Just Mom said...

You have very cute kids. Natey is funny.

A mom said...

I can not wait to get out and enjoy the outdoors. Once again, thank you Natey for the laughs!

Brandi said...

so funny! I love the stories. Isn't it crazy how kids come up with such funny sayings. I can't believe it. Anyway, I am also ready for spring. I thought it was peeking through early last week, but I was thinking wrong. Its time. I'm ready to be in a better mood and to be able to see sunlight every day - I'm tired of the long gloomy days.

Lori said...

I love your cute kids stories. Natey is so funny!

I am also ready for spring weather and ready to spend lots of time outdoors!

I didn't wear green yesterday either Kerrie.

Tracy said...

Nathan is hilarious!! And yes, I could order him McDonald's in my sleep! HA!

The weather in Rapid City made me wish for Spring even more! It was 72 degrees there yesterday when we left to come home to much cooler weather!!

Miah...you look BEAUTIFUL in your photo!