Friday, March 09, 2007

This and that - take 3

After Jack was born, Amber asked me if it was different having 3 children. I mistakenly told her no. Actually, I must have been off my rocker. Those of you with two children, jumping on the #3 express should not be taken lightly. Our house is utter chaos. Those of you with 4+ have to be nuts! :)

On Mondays I work until 8am. This past Monday I was tired when I got off work. Everyone was still sleeping when I got home, so I went right to bed. Sunday afternoon when I got off work Nathan was at Dawson's house playing. They brought him home after I was in bed, so he wanted to say hello to me before he went to school on Monday. That was fine, but I couldn't get back to sleep. Needless to say, Monday night I was tired.

Tuesday I took Jack to get his pictures taken while Justin took Nathan and Claire with him to do something else. I'm SO excited to get Jack's pictures back. I took him back to Black's and am so glad I did. She took pictures of his feet and hands which I think are beautiful. I can't wait to show them off.

Wednesday Jack was super cranky. He wanted to be held all day long. About every 3 days he does this. As much as I love to hold him, I get NOTHING done. He still has the monitor which means just getting up and doing things isn't that easy. I have been 'just a minute(ing)' my children to death. Know what I mean? "Mom, can you get me some milk please?" My standard response - just a minute.

Natey had school Wednesday and on those days he tends to come home with more of an attitude. On the days that he doesn't go to school he doesn't nap (except for Thursday's at Pam's), but he has to have quiet time. Without quiet time, time to rest, he's a bear. By the end of the night I was going crazy. We had to eat in shifts because Jack was so fussy. By early evening the kids were so hyper you'd thought they both ate a sack of sugar. Now that I think of it they did eat some candy. Anyway, Natey and Claire were playing while Jack was trying to sleep and they would get louder and louder. CALGON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally Justin came home and I was more than happy to have him take care of the big kids. After getting out of his uniform he laid on the couch with them. Claire was bouncing on his legs saying something over and over. When we finally listened to what she was saying we heard "Shake - your booty - shake, shake - your booty". I said "Claire, are you saying shake your booty?" She got a HUGE smile on her face and said "shake, shake your booty!" I was crying from laughing so hard. Where on earth did she hear that?


Oh, get this! On Tuesday I went to warm something up in the microwave. I pushed the button to open the door and a huge spark came out. I had a brief flashback of Michael Jackson with his hair on fire while doing that Pepsi commercial. YIKES! Do you realize how often you use your microwave? When Justin got home that night, he took the dead microwave out and put it in the garage. All day on Wednesday I found myself looking at the clock that no longer existed in the open hole where the microwave once lived. When it came time for supper, I grabbed some frozen hamburger and walked to my pretend microwave to thaw out the burger. Oh, duh! I guess that's not going to work. Actually nothing is going to work because everything is frozen. I had no idea how much I depended on that thing. We got a different one yesterday and I haven't used it yet. The first thing I did was set the clock on it though. We're such creatures of habit.

Tracy and Dawson came over last night. It's always fun when they come to play. Claire wanted to know where Caymen was. She stayed home with her daddy. Didn't really matter to Claire though - she got in there and played with those boys. The boys don't love it when they have to include Peach, but they did pretty well.

6 comments:

Just Mom said...

As always, Kerrie, thanks for the laughs. "Pretend microwave." "Shake your booty."

Heidi Jo Comes said...

Guess it's a good thing you live next to McDonald's, isn't it?

If I haven't said it before, which I know I have, you crack me up Kerrie. I love your sarcasm.

Amber said...

I think that you have a future Bulldog cheerleader on your hands! "Shake your botty! Shake, Shake, your botty!"
Do you want me to send over my girls to teach her high V and low V?
I mean...when you have 3 kids, what's 2 more?

Tracy said...

You can come over and try to warm up your hamburger in the daycare kitchen!! It might work better than what you were trying to do! HA!

We had fun last night...how about Claire standing on your chaise chair saying "Ready, Set, GO!" and running to the end as fast as she could and stopped just short of falling off and both of us about had a HEART ATTACK!!

Lori said...

I have those Calgon take me away moments too.
Thank goodness for our husbands.
Aren't they great!!

I think I would be at a loss without my microwave too.
All these modern conveniences aren't we spoiled.

Your kids are too cute!! Shake your booty!!

A mom said...

Ouy! That made me exhausted just reading it. I don't know how anyone with more than one little one does it! I feel like there is never enough time in the day. I guess you could say I have 3. My 6 month old, 11 year old, and 31 yr old.

You are a super hero!