Saturday, March 24, 2007

Finally!

I was finally able to take all 3 kids outside yesterday. It was beautiful out there! My nephew stayed the night with us, so I decided to take the kids to the park. Tracy called and said that she would bring Happy Meals if there were picnic tables. Lucky us - there were! So Tracy came over with the kids and her mom who's visiting from Pierre. We had a good time.

Tracy's mom, Karen, was KILLING me! The park we were at is about 2 1/2 blocks from our house. As Tracy got every one's food ready for them to eat, Natey told me he had to go potty. I looked around the park searching for some place for him to go outside. There wasn't a single place so Tracy let us use her vehicle to run home. When we got back, Karen was holding Jack. It wasn't long before she got him to sleep. She was beyond nervous that he was going to stop breathing in her arms. I understand her fear, but it was cracking me up. Tracy kept trying to reassure her that he was going to be fine, but she was nervous as all get out. It was so sweet.

Let me just tackle that subject while we're on it. The machine that Jack's on is a sleep apnea machine which records his heartbeat and respiration's. It will alarm when his heart is beating too fast, too slow or if it stops completely. We've never had any of those alarms, thank God. It also alarms if he stops breathing - which is the type of alarm we've had. We've never had to do rescue breaths or anything like that. He's always started breathing on his own when he's had an alarm. Remember, his breathing is a non issue when he's awake. It's when he sleeps that we have to watch him. The past two nights he hasn't had any alarms so that's great!

I'll post some of the pictures later today or tomorrow. Until then, have a good weekend!

3 comments:

Lori said...

I'm glad you got out and were able to enjoy some time outdoors. (Before this rain today).
My kids enjoy going to the park too.

I will continue to remember Jack and you guys in my prayers.

You have a great weekend too!

Tracy said...

My mom was CRACKING ME UP!! She's so funny. She was so nervous!!

I had a great time at the park! So glad to finally get out and about. That is what Spring/Summer is all about! LOVE IT!

Thanks for the clarification on the alarms. GOT IT now...

Anonymous said...

You guys are so funny!!!!:)Remember I am a grandma now as far as us mom's years ago we never heard of half of the devices you have now...Had a great time anyway
Karen