Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Ka-Pow


Having a lightning bolt on your face is a very serious thing - as you can tell in this photo. Nathan's not messing around. He IS the human version of Lightning McQueen and don't kid yourself of thinking otherwise. We had to have a 3 minute argument deciding which way the lightning bolt should go. He's serious as a heart attack, people. Don't mess with Texas has nothin' on Don't mess with Natey. This picture cracks me up. He means business!

Not much is new at our house, which is a good thing. Jack has a follow up appointment with the Pulmonologist next week. I'm looking forward to getting rid of the machine we've been toting around. I took him off it yesterday to give us all a break. He's napping right now. When he wakes up I'll give him a bath and put it back on him. He's growing so much. He's trying to roll over! You know how babies get all the way over and then get suck on their shoulders? That's what he's doing. I didn't remember them doing it this young, but Jack is. The first time he did it Justin had laid him on his side. Day before yesterday I laid him on his back and he did it again. It won't be long now before he goes all the way over. Superstar! (ha)

Peach had to get her second flu shot today. Justin took her for me. I'm just not good at it. It hurts my feelings to have to hold them down so they can feel pain. Again she took it like a trooper. Nothing to it. She cracks me up. Each night she lays in her crib talking up a storm. Last night was no exception. She laid up there going "Oh, Hi Swiper! Hi Dora. DIEGO! Oh, Hi baby....mmmm-aaaah (kissing it...baby is her bunny that she sleeps with). BOOTS!" She makes me smile.
Natey and Justin are at coffee right now. It's a big deal...coffee. I love that men complain about women being gossipers yet men live for 'coffee breaks'. I'm sure it's the actual drink that brings them together. Double standard. :)

Natey has spring fever something fierce. He can't wait to get outside to ride his bike, ride lightning, blow bubbles, doesn't matter - he just wants to be outside. Today he wanted to wear some shorts. I told him it wasn't warm enough outside for that. After a brief meltdown and a choice to go to coffee he decided a long sleeve shirt and jeans would work just fine. Ah, the art of redirection.

7 comments:

Amber said...

This is dedicated to Natey:
On the day I was born, the nurses all gathered 'round
And they gazed in wide wonder, at the joy they had found
The head nurse spoke up, and she said leave this one alone
She could tell right away, that I was bad to the bone
Bad to the bone
Bad to the bone
B-B-B-B-Bad to the bone

Lori said...

Loved your post!

Too cute about Natey and his tatoo!
Derek likes the "Cars" also.

Your daughter is so cute! Just laying in her crib chatting away to herself. Sounds like she was a trooper with her shot! I'm the same with shots. I hate to hold my kids down too. I usually have Al's help too.

I hope little Jacks appointment goes well. I was wondering how he was doing? Does he seem to be feeling and doing better?

the boedecker family said...

Your kids are too cute!! I feel the same way about shot's I dont think I was able to take even one of the four in without crying!! I knew they had to have them but causing pain is not my idea of a "nice mommy"! Janaya is facinated with Dora just like Claire...I love how she brings them into her life at the drop of a hat...and the only way to get rid of swiper is....yes to say it 3 times!!!LOL

Just Mom said...

"Natey and Justin are at coffee right now."

That is so sweet. Not as sweet as the lightning bolt on Natey's cheek, however.

~ Amy ~ said...

Cute picture! He really is serious isn't he.
It's nice to hear Jack is doing so good.
Dora and Diego are still my daughters favorite cartoon too. Nice thing about Diego - they actually teach things about animals.

A mom said...

Well, I must admit that I do not know who Lightning McQueen is, but I guess it is from the Cars movie. I am a little concerned though. McQUEEN? He thinks he is a McQUEEN? mmmmmmm.

You made me laugh super hard today. Thanks Kerrie & Natey!

Brandi said...

I loved the Cars movie. Actually, loved the junker guy (played by Larry the Cable Guy). I don't have the characters memorized...but, you might be able to help me with that.

And about the gossiping...yes, I do believe that men are worse than women. Those guys are all about gossiping! Its funny when guys are trying to find out the scoop and keep digging until they get it. I must laugh at this one!!!