Monday, March 12, 2007

Do the math

People are constantly trying to guess the gender of a baby at conception. I was told of the following theory; you do the math. Add the number of the month (ie: January - 1, February - 2, March - 3, etc.) and the age you were when you conceived. If the number you come up with is odd, it's a boy - even, it's a girl. Let me know if it works for your kids. If you don't have kids, use yourself as the example.

Nathan - Conceived in August (8) when I was 27 which = 35. (boy)
Claire - Conceived in July (7) when I was 29 which = 36. (girl)
Jack - Conceived in February (2) when I was 31 which = 33. (boy)
**Nathan was a toss up because my birthday is August 6th. I know he was conceived on the 13 though.** :)

How do your kids work out? (This is all very scientific.) Hee Hee!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alec - conceived August (8) and I was 23 = 31

However, the Chinese lunar calendar said he should have been a girl. Oh, well.

Jennie Thompson said...

With Vanessa, I was 25 and conceived in July (7) = 32 (girl).

With this one 27 and January = 28...we'll see.

Amber said...

Shayla October (10) + 20 = 30 (girl)
Raena August (8) + 24 = 32 (girl)

Works for me!

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

I just heard about this over the weekend too! Mine both figured out correctly (even # for girl and odd # for boy).

I had Derek Sept. 21st(9) when I was 28 = 37

Megan born June 6(6) when I was 32=38

Tracy said...

Dawson April (4) + 25 = 29 (boy)
Caymen August (8) + 30 = 38 (girl)

Very interesting...

Heidi Jo Comes said...

Okay I either can't add, can't remember, or am just one of those flukes.

All of my kids came out as even numbers, but two of them are boys.

Go figure.

Just Mom said...

May (5) + 34 = 39. Yup. It's a boy.

Julie said...

Alonna June (6) + 26 = 32 (girl)

How cool!

Shanley said...

both mine came out odd, but I have a boy and a girl!

What about someone who has a set of boy/girl twins!?!?

Andrea said...

Tanner - January(1) and 19 = 20 (even=girl) -> WRONG! It was a boy!

Hayley - January(1) and 20 = 21 (odd=boy) -> WRONG! It was a girl!

Guess it doesn't work for me!!

Kari said...

Onna- conceived in March (3) when I was 26 = 29

Wrong...She's a girl...

And Tracy, didn't Dawson just have a birthday??? How does that work??

A mom said...

Dec (12)+ 28= 40 (girl)

Wrong. He is definitly a boy. According to the chinese lunar chart, he also should have been a girl. He is my kid, so I guess that would be why he didn't listen. I guess those scientist are not always right! Too funny!

Tracy said...

Oops! I must have been REALLY overdue with Dawson! HA!

I think he was conceived in June-oh wait-maybe May...who knows!

He was due in March...came in February!