Sunday, March 11, 2007

Justin worked the day shift on Friday. We decided that going to Brookings to get groceries would be a good thing to do after work. We were low on just about everything in the house. Justin picked up the kids at daycare and had the kids ready to go when I got home. We decided that we'd just eat supper somewhere quick in Brookings. Natey is all about 'going in' to eat. It wouldn't matter if it were Applebee's or McDonald's, for some reason it's better if we go in.

I'm still not eating dairy which makes eating out a bit of a challenge. We pulled up to Pizza Ranch, but I really didn't want to eat there. I could eat the chicken, but if I was going to have chicken I would rather eat at KFC. So down the road we went to KFC. Natey was excited to eat Mac & Cheese.....inside of coarse. :)

Justin got us our buffet plates and drinks. Then he went and got Natey a plate of food. While cutting up the things for him I went through and got Claire a plate of food. While I was cutting up her food Justin went and got his food. While he was gone Natey said this:

"Mom, this was a GREAT choice! (pause - and you always know it's going to be good when there's a pause....) You're one HECK of a Mom!!!" I laughed, of coarse I laughed. He said "I think I'll say that to dad too." Show off. ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a kid! You should write a book of Nathan's funnies. :)
Susan

Just Mom said...

Ha ha ha ha :-)

Alex now asks to go to McD's for "my toy." He could care less about the food.

Lori said...

Funny! You are one Heck of a mom!

We just went to Brookings too.
We went to Walmart for our big stock up.

Brandi said...

Sooo funny! I love hearing what comes out of your childrens' mouths. And, I do agree with Susan - you should write a book on Nathan's funnies. it would be something for him to look back on - when he graduates from high school. Too cute. Keep up the good work "one HECK of a MOM!"

Tracy said...

That you are...ONE HECK OF A MOM!!!

Love ya!

A mom said...

Never a dull moment.