Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Isn't this picture adorable? It was taken at Black's Studio a few days after Jack got out of the hospital.

Yesterday was Jack's check-up with the Pulmonologist. He's such a nice guy. Last Tuesday Justin and I decided to take Jack off the monitor he was put on after leaving the hospital. It was such a pain to carry around everywhere and he'd only had 1 actual alarm. Well, Dr. Lundein put him back on - for 2 more months. I was a bit put off by this until Dr. Lundein put things to me this way. He said that Jack is at a greater risk of SIDS than most babies because of his breathing disorder. That totally made sense to me when he put it like that, but I'd never thought of it like that on my own. Had someone said that to me in the hospital I would NEVER had taken him off the machine in the first place. Lordy! The doctor said that the risk of SIDS in any baby drastically decreases after 6 months, so that's why 2 more months on the monitor. We'll see him again at that time.

When Jack was in the hospital he started getting a diaper rash. They said it was probably from his medication and just to watch it. Well we watched it all right - we watched it grow and grow. We tried everything we could think of to make it go away to no avail. I decided to take him to Dr. Henry yesterday for his post hospital check up and to get help on this diaper rash. He said that it was a fungus and to get some over the counter anti-fungal to treat it. We got some last night and hope that he's doing better soon. It got to the point where it really started hurting him so I hope he'll be getting some relief soon.

Last night Nathan and Justin were playing Backgammon. Natey LOVES to play that game with his dad. Natey was socking it to Justin and then the game took a turn and Justin started winning. With every good move Justin would say to Nathan "Who's your daddy?" It wasn't long before the game turned again. Now Nathan was handing Justin his hind end on a platter. Natey tried to taunt Justin the same way he'd been taunted. Natey said "Who's your son - It's me, It's me." Somehow it just didn't have the same effect. HA!

6 comments:

Just Mom said...

"Who's your son" I love it. :-D

Cute picture of Jack (again). Hang in there, re. the monitor. It's for the best.

Tracy said...

Who's your daddy? Too funny! Nice comeback Natey!!

Amber said...

Ok I can't stop lauging about "Who's your son."
That is TOO FUNNY!

A mom said...

Love the picture. I hope Jacks rash is on the mend. Poor little guy.

Lori said...

Very cute picture of Jack!!

Hang in there with Jack.
I'm glad they told you why the monitor is for the best. I'm sure it made you feel much better knowing.
I hope his rash gets better soon.

Anonymous said...

Plender's Diaper Ointment worked wonders for Tayler and Olivia. I just bought some for Grace at Lewis in Madison. Flandreau Pharmacy had it when we were there. Otherwise I don't know where else to find it.

Sarah