Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Baby update

We had a baby checkup yesterday. I had to see the nurse practitioner this time which I'm never fond of. I don't know why, but I'm just not a fan of hers. I told her that I was having a hard time breathing and let her know about the contraction things and, of coarse, there was nothing she could do. I already knew there was nothing she could do to help me.

Anyway, the babys heartbeat was about 146 beats per minute. He was kicking up a storm while she was trying to get the heartbeat. She would move and he'd kick. She measured my belly and I measured 26cm which is normal for me. Next time I have my glucose test.

We did some running around in Sioux Falls and were back in Madison by 4:15 to pick up the kids. I was wiped out. We were walking around Wal-Mart and I was having horrible tightness/contractions...whatever they are. Justin went into Pam's to get the kids and she said that she thought Peach had a fever. Pam gives the kids a cookie before they go home and you could hear Claire breathing while she was trying to eat the cookie because she was so stuffed up. Poor thing!

We got home and I took her temp. It was 102.6. I called Pam to try to figure out how long she thought she'd had the fever and to make sure that Claire ate ok for her - that kind of thing. She said that Claire hadn't been herself all day. She put her down for her nap and then woke her up so she could have a snack and be ready to come home. She said that she was fine when she laid her down but for sure had a fever when she woke up. She'd eaten fine and drank well, so that was good. I gave her some Motrin right away and it wasn't long before she started to sweat. Holy cats did she sweat! Her fever broke and we had supper. She was feeling better by then. You could tell she was tired though. We ate and it was time for me to go to bed so that I could get up and go to work. Justin gave her a bath and said that she was doing ok when she went to bed. Hopefully they had a quiet night. I'm still at work so I haven't heard.

Natey was sad that we had to leave him this morning. He was crying and crying. It's NEVER easy for me to leave him when he's crying. I knew he was just tired and would be fine in less than 5 minutes, but it about rips my heart out when he does that. He said he had a good time at Pam's and all was well when he found out that Justin and I got him some chewy Gobstoppers. He loves those things.

Anyway, I'll update everyone on Claire later this evening.

No comments: