Monday, August 14, 2006

He's just so funny!

I've said it before and I'll say it many times over. Natey cracks me up! He says the funniest things. I'm sure all kids do this, but he's our child and he makes me laugh.

He helped me make brownies while Justin was taking his nap. After we got them in the oven I got supper ready. We were eating supper when the brownies got done. Nathan was SO excited. He ran to the front door and yelled "We're having brownies today. We're having brownies today." For those of you who don't know, we live right across the street from McDonald's, so it's not like there isn't anyone around to hear him.

We ate and then had brownies and all was great. I was getting up from the table and Nathan said he was going to say something outside. I couldn't understand him but I DID hear him say something about an emergency. I told him not to yell anything about an emergency outside. Of coarse he asked me why and I told him it was the rules (my standard answer).


He said he wouldn't but was still heading towards the door. I asked what he was doing. He went to the door, opened the screen, and yelled "RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! The rain is COMING!" I about died. Ok, so I laughed first, but what the heck? Where on earth did that come from? Run for your life? It wasn't raining, cloudy - yes, but it wasn't raining.

Then a little bit later Justin got up. The NFL channel was on the TV. Natey wouldn't let me change it because he wanted to watch the Cowboys. I'm not sure he watched a total of 5 minutes, but we HAD to have it on. Justin got up and Nathan asked him to take him to the NFL to play football. Justin told him his standard answer - maybe. I was checking my e-mail before I went to bed and Nathan came over and said, "Dad might take me to the NFL to play football. You could come watch me. (Short silence due to an obvious thought that was coming to him.) You could even put make-up on your belly if you want to."


I'm telling you people. He CRACKS me up!

2 comments:

Jennie Thompson said...

I cannot stop laughing.....

Nicole said...

LOL! That made me laugh so hard!